Chapter 11

A/N: play. the. damn. song.
thank me later 😘

MATTIA'S POV:

I walked outside and my hands sunk in my pockets. Kairi walked out after me and closed the front door behind him.

"Do you like Elena?" He said. I looked up at him but he was looking out into the distance.

"Yes" I said. There was no point in lying anymore. There was no point I could deny I had feelings for her. Without saying anything else, he turned around and walked back inside towards his room.
"Aye Kairi wait!" I pleaded. I started following him but he didn't stop.

ELENA'S POV:

"Bro you're cheating" laughed Ale. We were playing monopoly, and he'd caught Alvaro trying to sneak a $100 dollar bill into his pile. He sighed and put it back.
"Man it's no fun if you don't ch-" he started. The door opened. Kairi was stood there, he looked numb. Almost as if he'd seen a ghost. Either a ghost or he was pissed. Really. Pissed. Mattia appeared behind him and looked like frightened. Shit.

The whole room went silent and Kairi was looking straight at me. I took a deep breath but it didn't calm my anxiety over what was about to happen. Kairi began walking towards me and I held my breath in case he was about to yell at me. But instead he took my hand and looked me straight in the eyes.

"If you want to be with Mattia, I will not stand in your way. I just want you to know that I love you, and if you want to remain as friends, then that's exactly what we'll do. I know how much happier you will be with him, and I would never want to stop you from being happy Elena".
He pulled me in for a hug and despite the shock of what just happened, I wrapped my arms around him. I looked over his shoulder at Mattia who looked just as shocked as I was. Kairi pulled away and kissed my cheek before turning around to everyone else.
"Boys lets go get pizza" he said. Alejandro, Roshaun, Alvaro and Robert took the hint and headed out the room.
"You better treat her good man" he said to Mattia on his way out. Mattia was still stunned but nodded quickly. After patting his shoulder Kairi left.

We heard the front door close and Mattia sank to the floor with his head in hands. I rushed to his side and hugged him tight. I felt his tears on my hoodie and held him tighter.

"He's my bestfriend Elena, and I hurt him" he whispered. I shushed him and kissed his head.

"He forgave you. And that's all that matters. You could've lost one of the most important people you know, but you didn't Mattia he's still here".

He put his head on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my waist. And in that moment, that very moment, I just knew we were going to be alright.

A/N: HEY YALL!!!! IM SORRY I WENT MIA BUT THANK YOU FOR READING THIS AND HEY NEW READERS! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THE STORY? ALSO MERRY CHRSTMAS PEOPLE!!! 💛💛💛🎄🎄🎅🏼🥳