Chapter 33

KAIRI'S POV:

I didn't say much on the ride to the airport. Neither did the boys. It was clear that Elena and Mattia were in love with each other. And this time I wasn't even mad about it. I was just numb. I knew I couldn't blame Mattia for this, cause it was my fault. Everything that happened in the last 24 hours was because of me. If I didn't get wasted, Robert would've enjoyed his evening, and I could've stayed with Elena. That way she would've never gotten poisoned. But I guess at least Hector's out the picture.

We got through security and I was still staying quiet. I was honestly so ashamed. I'd lost my girlfriend, and I knew the boys and Elena were still on shit terms with me.

"Man I can't wait to get home" said Roshaun.

"Same, first thing I'm gonna do is put up my new LED lights" said Alvaro.

"I thought you just got a new set last month?" replied Alejandro.

I sat behind them with Vic next to me. We were both quiet, and I'm sure she want paying attention to their conversation either.

"Are you okay?" She whispered to me. I gave her a weak ass smile and nodded.

"Kairi you don't have to lie to me" she rested her head on my shoulder and sighed. Vic was the one who was closest with Elena out of us all. She had been lab partners with her since they were young. This had hit her hardest.

I looked at the ground and ran a hand through my hair.

"I just miss her" I said quickly. I didn't want to start crying in the middle of the airport.

"So do I" she replied.

"Yeah but you didn't break her heart. Twice" I winced at my own words. It was harder to say out loud, cause it made me realise the emotional stress and heartache I'd put Elena through.

"Maybe her and Mattia were just meant to be" Vic said.

"I hate that so much" I groaned "I was so happy with her, and I fucked it up, but I just want her to come back".

Vic stayed quiet whilst I went on about how much I regretted what I did.

"I just don't wanna have to sleep alone again Vic" I whispered, quickly wiping my eyes.

Vic gave me a hug, as we heard our flight number being called.

"You're gonna be okay Kai" she said. I nodded and we started making our way to the gate.

As we were walking, Roshaun caught me up. I held my breath, and waited for him to start talking.

"Look man I wanna apologise for telling Elena about your business" he said. I was lowkey shocked he apologised, cause I thought he'd tell me how he never wanted to talk to me again.

"It wasn't my place to say anything, and I should've let you tell her. I'm sorry I started the fight at the pool, and I'm so sorry I wrecked your relationship, and basically ruined the whole trip" he said. He was frowning and looked apologetic. But I pulled him into a hug.

"Bro you didn't ruin the trip, it was my drunk ass that ruined it" I said, smiling. "And hey, if Elena's happier with Mattia, then that's not on you either, but don't ever say your ruined this trip because you didn't do anything remotely close to that"

He smiled and we did our handshake "thanks Olaf".

I rolled my eyes, "don't push it bitch" I said, causing us to both laugh.

As we got onto the plane, I breathed a sigh of relief, at least I was good with my boys. And that was all that really mattered.

As we took off, my heart sunk a little over the fact that Elena wasn't by my side anymore, but I shook it off and tried my best to force a smile for the boys. 

Even though I'd always wanted to be her happiness,
she found happiness somewhere else, and that was okay. I had to accept that and move on. No matter how much it upset me. I had to stay strong.
For Elena.