Chapter 63

ELENA'S POV:

Today was the day of Dad's hearing. I didn't want to go. I'd rather spend the day at school, surrounded with my favourite people before they were all ripped away from me.

Mattia decided to call everyone to our usual lunch table so I could break the news to them all. Vic and Alejandro were the first to arrive, walking hand in hand with huge smiles on their faces when they saw me. It broke my heart that I'd be the reason they were no longer smiling. Robert, Alvaro and Roshaun came swiftly after. Kairi was with them. He didn't look at me or say hi to me. But he wasn't my biggest priority right now.

We all sat down at the table and Mattia held my hand.

"So there's something I need to tell you all" I said. My voice was already shaking; I couldn't even look at them all.

"You're pregnant?" said Robert, making everyone laugh. I would've laughed too, it's just that I already felt too unstable to smile. There was nothing for me to be happy about.

"Guys stop, let Elena talk" said Vic loudly. I smiled gratefully at her as the boys quietened down.

"So you guys might already know, my Dad's in New Jersey right now" I started.

"And he lives in England. And there's a possibility I might be moving to England to live with him" my voice cracked when I mentioned moving, and Mattia slid his arm around my waist, pulling me closer.

Their faces had dropped. Every single one of them. Their mouths were open but no words were coming out. Vic's eyes immediately filled with tears and she grasped onto Alejandro's arm. But Ale didn't move, he stayed in his place, looking at me with sad eyes.

I looked at Kairi, his lips were tightly pressed together and he kept his eyes on the table. If he looked at me, he'd probably cry. 

"You're joking Elena" said Alvaro in disbelief.

"I wish I was" I cried. The tears were falling down my face quicker than I could comprehend and I tried to find the words to make this all okay. But I couldn't.

"I-I'm sorry" I finally said. And they all started shaking their heads.

"Don't apologise Elena, it's not your fault that any of this is happening" Roshaun said, reaching across the table and patting my arm softly.

I looked over at Mattia but his eyes were red, hiding behind his hair. I put my head on his shoulder, and he jumped slightly. He wrapped his arms around me tight and kissed my head. Everyone was staring, and wondering why table 12 in the cafeteria was occupied by crying teenagers, but we were too devastated to care at this point.

"So it's confirmed that you're moving?" said Alejandro "there's no way you can get out of it?"

I shrugged "once my Dad's home I guess we'll be gone"

Robert shook his head and started getting irritated.

"There has to be something you can do! I don't know, start crying loads so that they feel sorry for you and let you stay here"

I looked at him sadly and nodded my head.

"I'll try" I sighed.

"Please try" said Mattia quietly to me, burying his head in my neck. I could feel his tears falling onto my jumper, one by one.

"I can't do it" said Vic. She had been quiet this whole time, and we all looked at her. She had tears coming down her face and her head was in her hands.

"First the poison, now you're moving, God I can't catch a break" she said, slamming her fists on the table.

"I just want my bestfriend" she wept, and Alejandro held her close and tried to calm her down.

"I'm sorry" I repeated, and got up to leave the table. I ran to the nearest bathroom and locked myself in a cubicle. I dialled my Mom's number and she picked up straight away.

"Elena? Why are you calling me, aren't you meant to be in school?"

"I am in school" I said, reaching for toilet paper to wipe my tears.

"What happened?" she asked with concern. I took a deep breath.

"I'm not moving to England"

She let out an exaggerated sigh, I knew she was rolling her eyes too.

"Elena, I don't wanna move either, but this is your Dad's choice, and we have to go with it, if it's what he thinks is best, then that's what we'll do" she said, but her voice just sounded like an automated reply, as if she was being told what to say.

"But you divorced Dad, why are you now planning on moving in with him" I argued.

"We're moving" she said with finality and hung up the phone. I let my head fall into my hands and cried till my eyes hurt. Everything hurt. Mentally and physically.

I wasn't going home tonight.

A/N: Thank you all so much for 6k, I've not been feeling my best these past few days, so the support you guys are giving me on this story is honestly keeping me going, I love you all 💛