Chapter 40

ELENA'S POV:

I woke up at around 7am and started getting ready. I decided to put last night's encounter with Kairi at the back of my head. If he was really happy with his new "girlfriend" then so be it. I didn't care, I was happy with Mattia. I just wish I knew who she was. I went over to my vanity and started doing my makeup. I decided to go full glam since I wanted to make an impression for my first appearance with Mattia. But wouldn't that make Kairi jealous? I rolled my eyes and started applying my eyeliner.

He's not your problem anymore babygirl

I could hear Mattia's voice in my head. I smiled and started on my lipstick. Bright red. Just the way he liked it. I straightened my hair and decided I'd leave it out. I found a red cropped hoodie and some white jeans. I bit my lip, white was a risk. I thought about my replacement. I looked back at the jeans.

Some risks are worth taking.

I tied my white Air Forces, and was just finishing my breakfast when Mattia knocked on my door. I grabbed my bag, and walked to the door.

"Bye Ma, love you" I called.

"Bye honey, love you too" she replied. I unlocked the door and there he was. Dressed in his red hoodie, which made me smile since we were matching.

"Woah" he said, observing my outfit.

"Too much?" I said nervously. I placed my bag on the floor and turned to take my shoes off. "I'll take it off hold on".

But he held my hand and pulled me in.

"You look breathtaking" he said, biting his lip.

I blushed and smirked at him, wrapping my arms around his neck

"Only for you though" I said quietly. He leaned in for a kiss, and I kissed him back. Electricity went through my body, and I felt his arms go round my waist. Our tongues fought for dominance, and his won obviously, setting off the butterflies in my stomach.

"Give it a break lovebirds" yelled my mom from the hallway. We turned to face her quickly and she was stood there with her arms folded. Mattia quickly let go of me, and I realised I hadn't told my mom about Mattia yet.

"W-we weren't doing anything bad, Mrs Hill" said Mattia quickly.

"Mhmm" said my mom, unconvinced as fuck.

"Mattia I'd believe you, but the red lipstick on your face tells me otherwise" she said. I quickly looked at Mattia and Mom was right. His lips were red and I burst out laughing, so did my Mom. Mattia rolled his eyes and went to pick up my bag.

"Have a good day Mrs Hill" he mumbled. But my Mom was laughing too much to talk properly so she waved instead. I blew her a kiss and closed the door.

"I have makeup wipes baby, don't worry" I said, taking hold of Mattia's hand. He held my hand and threw my bag around his shoulder.

"Are you sure your Mom doesn't hate me now?" he asked cautiously. I smiled as he opened the car door for me.

"No one can hate you, even if they tried" I said, reassuringly. He smiled and kissed my cheek quickly with his red stained lips. My eyes widened as I saw my highlighter with red blotches on it.

"Mattia!" I yelled, punching his arm. He pretended to be hurt and stuck his tongue out at me.

"That's what you get" he smirked, and went to get in his side of the car. I looked in the mirror and started to fix my makeup. I smiled to myself. He really was ticking all my boxes.

We got to school and Mattia parked the car. We looked at the field where people were socialising. Did I say socialising? Sorry, I meant staring the fuck out of me and Mattia. Really. People stare at Mattia anyway, but the fact that he had a girl just gave them a reason to stare twice as hard.

He put his hand on my thigh and smirked at me.

"You're the baddest bitch here, don't let these hoes phase you babygirl" he said softly. Even his voice alone was a turn on.

"Don't let these trashy boys phase you either Papi" I said, leaning forward to plant a soft kiss on his lips. He smiled against my lips and I pulled away with a smirk. We heard someone call Mattia's name and it was Alejandro from the other side of the field. Mattia sighed and got out the car and came over to open my door whilst I quickly looked for makeup wipes in my bag.

I stepped out, receiving more stares than you could imagine. Mattia closed the door and leaned against the car and I finally found my wipes.

"Here, lemme fix your face" I laughed whilst pulling a wipe out the box. I leaned forward and wiped the area around his lips. Before I knew it, he placed his hands on my waist and pulled me closer. I blushed, and tried to finish cleaning the stains on his face.

"D-do you mind?" I said, finishing up. I rested my hands on his chest and looked in his eyes. He smiled dreamily at me and tilted his head to one side.

"I just can't get enough of you lately" he smirked. He was about to lean in when Alejandro and Alvaro came running over.

"Bro come on!" said Alvaro.

Mattia threw his head back in frustration, but kept his arms around my waist.

"What's so important?" said an irritated Mattia.

"Kairi has a girlfriend" said Alvaro. Mattia's eyes widened and he held my hand.

"How the fuck does anyone replace Elena" he laughed, but he slowly stopped laughing when he saw Alejandro's serious expression.

"What is it, Ale?" I asked, taking a deep breath to calm myself down from everything going on. It was getting overwhelming at this point.

"You might wanna see his girl" he said quietly.