Chapter 65

ELENA'S POV:

I heard the front door open and close. I had decided to take a nap, so I was still groggy. The footsteps were making their way up to my room, and I guessed it was Mattia coming back from his football game.

"Elena?" said a deep voice. That wasn't Mattia. I looked up instantly and Dad was stood there in casual clothes, with a suitcase in one hand.

"What?" I said coldly. I had no intention of being kind or polite to him. I was starting to wish he had never come back in the first place.

"You have to pack Lena" he said, shaking me properly awake gently. I shrugged him off as my stomach started to twist up. It was really happening.

"Don't call me Lena" I said. Lena was a childhood name of mine, but I had never taken a liking to it.

"Okay Elena" he put an emphasis on my name, causing me to roll my eyes.

"You need to start packing, I want to leave by tonight" he said. I felt my heartbeat rapidly increase. I looked at him in horror.

"T-tonight?"

"Well yeah, I mean the sooner the better right?" he said, flashing a grin. I couldn't breathe. How could I leave tonight? I wasn't even ready, I hadn't even said goodbye to the boys or Vic yet. And Mattia. Mattia.

I leapt out of bed and ran down the hallway.

"Elena!" shouted Dad, but his voice was becoming a blur to me and my only focus was getting to the love of my life. Before it was too late.

I threw on a jacket and opened the front door. Mattia was just pulling into my driveway but I waved at him to stop and he hit the brakes. I ran over to the passenger side and got in.

"Drive!" I yelled, frantically putting on my seatbelt.

"Wait wha-"

"Mattia! Just drive!"

He accelerated immediately and we sped away from my house.

"Babe what the fuck is going on?" he said, loosening his grip on the steering wheel.

"We just have t-to get as far away from my house as possible" I stuttered, looking in my wing mirror to make sure my house was out of view already.

MATTIA'S POV:

I slowed down and pulled into a McDonald's car park.

"W-what are you doing?" said Elena, looking at me nervously. I remember she once told Kairi that she only stuttered when she was anxious about something, and I needed to know what caused her to be like this. I placed my hand on hers and turned so I was facing her properly.

"Baby what happened" I said, grazing her hand with my thumb. She sighed and held onto my hand.

"Dad wants us to leave tonight"

I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach. My lower lip quivered and I let go of Elena's hand.

"Mattia?"

I opened my mouth but no words came out. I clenched my jaw in the hopes that the tears wouldn't escape my eyes.

"You can't leave Elena" I trembled. I looked at her, and the tears shimmered in her eyes.

"I don't want to" she whispered. She bit her bottom lip, with her gaze fixated on her hands which were shaking violently. There was a long silence between us, but it was comfortable. I admired her features, even though I've never seen her more upset. Her flawless skin was glistening in the sunlight, and I could stare at her for hours on end. I'd give anything to keep her with me in New Jersey. That's when the lightbulb above my head went off.

"Wait why don't you just move in with me?" I suggested, and her eyes flickered up to me, her lips curving into a small smile.

"Mattia I don't think my parents would ever allow me to do that, especially at 16" she said sadly.

But I wasn't about to give up that easily. I turned on the engine and started driving in the opposite direction, towards Elena's house.

"Wait Mattia stop" she said, reaching out and holding my arm. But I shook my head and tightened my grip on the wheel.

"I'm going to do everything I can in my power to keep you in New Jersey babygirl" I said, making her blush. I smiled and placed my hand on her thigh.

We reached Elena's house and I looked over at her. She was rubbing her hands together nervously and looking at the house.

"It's gonna be okay baby" I said, taking her hand in mine and kissing it softly.

"I don't know" she said, blinking back tears and getting out the car.

We went inside the kitchen, to find her Mom sat at the table, reading something on her phone. She looked up and smiled when she saw us.

"Hey you guys, take a seat" she said, gesturing at the seats next to her. I took Elena's hand and lead her to the table.

"Actually Ms Hill, there's something I need to ask you" I said. I felt Elena's hand squeeze mine, but I wasn't letting her stop me.

This was my last chance to stop Elena from moving to England. And there was no way I was letting her hold me back.

A/N: Thank you for 9k, ily all so much and your support means the world to me 🥰