Chapter 70

MATTIA'S POV:

"Just tell me what the fuck is wrong with you!"

I turned around slowly and faced Elena. Her eyes were full of pain and so were mine. I had been ignoring her for the past two hours because I didn't know what I was meant to say to her. I've never been this broken over somebody. Never been this hurt.

She looked at me and threw her arms in the air.

"Are you gonna answer me?" She said loudly. It was becoming increasingly hard to hear her above the rain which was coming down faster.

"Mattia answer my godamn ques-"

"Why do you think?!" I yelled, taking a step towards her.

"I'm in love with you Elena, I'm so fucking in love with you, and losing you means I'm losing everything" I screamed, I couldn't tell if it was tears or the rain on my face at this point. She remained quiet as I went on, wiping her eyes every now and then.

"I don't know what I'm gonna do without you Elena, it took me so long to make you mine, and now I'm losing you again" I shouted. We were both crying hysterically and the rain was starting to slow down.

"I don't know what I'm supposed to say" she wept, looking up at me. I took a step closer and placed my hands on her hips.

"Then don't say anything at all" I said, pulling her in and crashing my lips onto hers. She kissed me back, resting her hands on my face. The rain hit us hard as I deepened the kiss and wrapped my arms tightly around her waist. She pulled away and tried to catch her breath.

"What was that for?" she asked, looking up at me with her glossy brown eyes.

"That was goodbye" I whispered, causing the tears to appear in our eyes again.

"I'll always love you Elena, I'll wait for you, and I'll do everything in my power to make us work, I'm not letting you go that easy" I told her as I wiped her eyes. She hugged me tightly and looked at the house as her Mom opened the front door, with a towel in her hand.

"I love you Mattia Polibio" she said, tracing my jawline with her finger whilst staring right into my eyes. God, I've never been more in love.

"I love you Elena Hill" I smirked. We shared one final kiss and I unlocked my car. I wanted to stay with her and take her to the airport. But I knew her Dad wouldn't let that happen. So I decided it'd be best for me to leave her to it.

"Text me before you take off babygirl" I said, and she nodded, her bottom lip trembling. I took her hand and kissed it, making her blush.

"Aye stop crying baby, you're gonna be back hella soon" I said as my voice cracked.

I got in the car and started the engine. Soaking wet, I turned on the heat and blew her a kiss as she went to stand with her Mom. Ms Hill wrapped a towel around her and held her close, smiling at me. Elena started crying as I reversed out of her driveway, and her Mom pulled her into a hug, trying to calm her down. I took a deep breath and drove away.

I slowed down at a red light and stared out in the distance. It was becoming dark and I looked into the car next to me. There was a young couple, probably a little older than me. He had one hand on the wheel, and the other was holding her hand. She looked at him and smiled. It was the kinda smile that made it clear she was in love with him, and only him. I looked at my passenger seat, and there it was. Empty. I hit the steering wheel with my fists in frustration. Why does it have to be us? I was so happy. Now I'm just emotionally exhausted.

God knows how long it'll be till I see Elena again.