Chapter 72

MATTIA'S POV:

It's been a week since Elena moved to England. It's also been a week since I've been to school. The midterms are coming up soon but I haven't had the energy to move out of my bed. My parents gave up trying to get me out of the house since I broke down everytime I remembered my girlfriend was a thousand miles away from me. 

Elena and I facetimed almost every night, and whenever we were free during the day. She'd fallen asleep on me twice and it was honestly the cutest thing in the world. I'd lie in bed and stare at her beautiful face until my phone died. But it wasn't the same. It wasn't ever going to be the same again. I wanted to hold her so badly, I missed her touch, her scent, her laugh. I reached over and picked up the lip gloss from the nightstand.

I smiled when I read the label.

"Watermelon" I said out loud, grinning from ear to ear. But then my eyes pricked with tears and I tucked in the lip gloss next to me.

I heard my bedroom door open slowly and wiped my eyes.

"What?" I said, rubbing my red eyes. I sat up to see Alejandro throwing his bag on the floor and coming over to me.

"Are you done being a little bitch yet?" he asked, taking a seat on the couch. I furrowed my brows in confusion and looked over at him.

"Woah easy" I said, putting my hands up on surrender. But he had a serious look on his face.

"You're acting like you and Elena broke up, she only moved to England" he said, clearly irritated by the fact I wasn't attending school. But that didn't give him the excuse to act like a dick.

"Only moved" I scoffed, folding my arms over my chest.

"If Vic 'only moved' thousands of miles away would you still be smiling your ass off?"

He shook his head and picked up his bag.

"Okay I'm sorry, but I'm just saying, get your shit together, she wouldn't wanna see you like this" he shrugged, leaving my room. I shook my head at him. What a pointless visit that was. But he was only trying to talk some sense into me. But I couldn't function without my girl by my side.

I really was a simp over Elena.

I sighed and sunk under the covers again. I thought about Elena and checked what time it was in England. It was coming up to 7pm for her whilst it was still 2pm for me. A perfect time for a video call. I tapped the screen to where her name was and waited anxiously for her to pick up. Within seconds her gorgeous face appeared on my screen. She was wearing one of my hoodies and her hair was in a ponytail. She looked awfully tired, but the tiredness soon turned into excitement when she saw me.

"Hey baby" she said, grinning from ear to ear. I smiled back at her and felt the butterflies in my stomach.

"Hey Amor, I miss you"

"God Mattia I miss you so much more" she sighed. She was sitting in her new bedroom. It was yet to be painted so the walls were a off white colour, and it was definitely smaller than her room in Jersey. Another excuse for her to just come home already.

"I'm starting school tomorrow, and they wear uniforms here" she winced, flipping the camera to the front. I saw a white polo shirt and a navy jumper with plain black trousers.

"You're seriously wearing that?" I frowned and she nodded slowly, leaning on her hand.

"And it's so cold here, I haven't seen the sunlight since we got here" she said, looking outside her window. I could hear the rain falling against the window panes and looked outside my own window. The sun was beaming today, despite us being in winter. I smiled sadly at her as she pushed her hair away from her face. That would've been my job.

"It's warm here, come home" I pleaded, and she gave me sad eyes.

"I'd give anything to come back home" she said, her voice cracking a little.

"Baby please don't cry, you'll make me cry" I said quickly blinking back my own tears.

"I'm scared Mattia" she said, leaning against the headboard, her eyes becoming glossy.

"What's bothering you mamas?" I asked her, turning up the volume on my phone.

"School" she said, biting her lip nervously "starting afresh is so scary for me, what if everyone hates me, or what if I never manage to fit in?"

I smiled at her as she went on about her list of fears. She was the most breathtaking woman on this planet, even when she was stressed she still managed to look like a real life goddess.

"Baby" I said softly, trying to get her attention. But she didn't hear me and kept rambling on.

"Babyyy" I repeated, but louder. She snapped her mouth shut and looked at me. I chuckled at the way she stopped so abruptly, causing her to blush.

"I'm sorry" she said quietly, running the back of her neck.

"No don't apologise, I could listen to your voice all long" I said.

"That's such a lie" she said, the corners of her lips curling upwards.

"Don't stress about school baby, you'll be fine, and if anything happens, just call me" I told her.

"But you might be asleep" she said wearily. I smirked at her and tilted my head to one side.

"So? You're worth losing sleep over" I said. She looked at me with scarlet cheeks and shook her head playfully. I heard her Mom call her from the background and sighed.

"Okay I gotta go eat, talk tomorrow?" she said, getting out of her bed.

"I love you babygirl" I said, blowing her a kiss.

"I love you too" she smiled, before hanging up. I shoved my phone under my pillow and closed my eyes. It was only 2:30pm, but I'd much rather be asleep.

Sleeping away all my problems was really the best thing for me right now.