Chapter 25

ELENA'S POV:

I bit my lip nervously as I waited for his answer. Why was he taking so long to answer me? With every second that went by, I felt my heart starting to hurt more.

"How did you find out" he said. His voice was quiet. Quieter than it usually is. It just made me even more skeptical.

"Roshaun" I answered.

He sighed and put his head in his hands.

"Fuck" he said, under his breath.

That was all it took. I felt my eyes fill up with tears. But I held them back, and tried to compose myself. I reached over to turn on the lamp. I looked over at him and sat myself up.

"Kairi" I said, making him look at me. He had worry in his eyes, and it hurt me to think I was putting him through this. But I needed to know the truth.

"Who is Alicia" I said.

"How much did Roshaun tell you" he asked.

"Enough to make me end this relationship right here" I said. Kairi winced at my words.

"Alicia's an ex" he shrugged.

"That you cheated on. Right?" I folded my arms and looked at him. I loved this boy with my whole heart, and I couldn't get enough of him. But I couldn't handle the fact that I was dating a cheater. He did it once and that meant he was easily capable of doing it to again. To me.

"I was under the influence of alcohol" he looked down.

"Alcohol? Roshaun never mentioned that" I said quietly.

"I was dating Alicia for a year" he shook his head, it was almost as if he never thought he'd have to tell this story again.

"She treated me like shit, but I couldn't leave her cause I was in love. And one night we went to a party, and I had too much to drink and found myself kissing her best friend".

My hand flew to my mouth and my eyes widened. He really kissed her best friend? It was even worse than I'd imagined. Roshaun never told me it was her best friend.

"I'm not proud of it Elena" he sighed "I was drunk, and I do stupid stuff when I'm drunk"

"Where is she now?" I asked.

He thought about it before answering.

"She moved to England. Two weeks after she found out. But we'd have broken up anyway since she was planning on moving countries"

I shook my head. We'd have broken up anyway.
He said it as if it made him cheating okay.

I played with the strings of my hoodie whilst I thought about what to say next. But I had to know.

"How do I know you won't cheat on me when you drink again?" I whispered, avoiding his gaze.

There was a long silence.

"You don't" he said.

I closed my eyes and a tear fell from my cheek. But this time he didn't rush to wipe my tears or beg me to stop crying. He just sat there, looking at me blankly. It hurt.

I wiped my tears and looked at him. A disappointed look on my face.

"So I'm meant to just have trust issues for the rest of this relationship?" I said, throwing my arms in the air. He looked at me, offended.

"You? Trust issues?" he scoffed.

"What?" I had no idea why his tone switched up all of a sudden.

"What about you and Mattia? You don't think I have my suspicions about that?" he said, his voice getting louder by the second.

"Are you fucking insane?" I yelled "I literally broke the boy's heart just so I could be with you".

He stood up and turned away from me.

"That's bullshit, I've seen the way you both look at each other" he said.

I shook my head and leaned against the headboard.

"That's so typical of you. You couldn't admit you cheated, so instead you turn the tables on me, and play victim"

He turned around and yelled at the top of his voice. "I'm not playing fucking victim! I'm just trying to love you and you're here accusing me of cheating"

My jaw dropped open. When the fuck did I say he cheated on me?

"Don't look at me like I'm talking shit Elena"

"You are!" I shouted at him "I never accused you of shit, if you're so desperate to make up lies so you don't have to be in a relationship with me then leave already!"

I immediately regretted everything I'd just said when he started putting his shoes on.

"Wait Kai-" I sobbed. I got out of bed and tried to hold his arm so he couldn't open the door, but he shrugged me off and unlocked the door. He turned back at me with bloodshot eyes.

"I hope you're happy now. You don't have to date a cheater" and with that he walked out and slammed the door behind him. I sunk to the floor with my back against the cold door. I hugged my knees to my chest and put my head down.

I couldn't stop crying when I realised he wasn't coming back.