Chapter 32

MATTIA'S POV:

"Wait where's Vic?" I asked Alejandro.

He gestured to the waiting room outside.

"She couldn't see Elena like this, she was an emotional mess but I managed to calm her down, I think I'll go check on her now actually" he said, and walked out.

But as he walked out, someone walked in. Kairi. Followed by Robert. Kairi walked over to Elena slowly, and saw that I was holding her hand. But I didn't let go. I didn't care what he had to say, I wasn't letting go of her this time. There was a silence as he leaned down to kiss Elena's forehead. None of us said anything. The silence was unbelievably awkward. Kairi looked at me with a frown.

"Thanks for being there for her" he said quietly. I nodded and looked straight ahead.

He ran a hand through his hair and looked around at all the boys.

"Listen boys, I-I'm really sorry. I fucked up badly these past two days, and now Elena and Mattia are having to pay for it. I've been a dick, and I'm sorry I've ruined this trip" he stammered. The boys all forgave him, including me. I couldn't hold a grudge against Kairi even if I tried, he was still my brother at the end of the day.

Alejandro walked in, holding Vic's hand. She looked vulnerable and burst into tears when she saw Elena. She ran over to her and held her tight. Alejandro followed her and tried to comfort her. I looked around at all the boys, they all were stood with tears in their eyes. I quickly wiped my eyes and tried to lighten the mood.

"Hey Vic I'm alive" I joked. She looked up with her bloodshot eyes, and walked over to me, giving me a tight hug.

"She's my bestfriend Mattia" she cried onto my shoulder.

I choked back my tears "I know Vic, I know" I looked at Elena's breathing monitor over Vic's shoulder. It was slowing down. I patted Vic's back so she'd let go and tried to sit up to see it better. It was definitely slowing down.

"Call a fucking doctor her hearts slowing down" I yelled, causing Alejandro to run out to find our doctor. Kairi rushed to the other side of Elena and placed his hand over her heart. Then there was panic in his eyes. The doctors rushed in with defibrillators and instructed everyone to leave.

I covered my face with my hands, I couldn't watch for shit. I was so scared for her. They shocked her and the first time they did it, I heard her gasp.

I looked at her and she was awake. Slightly in shock, but thank God she was awake. Her heart rate went back to normal and the doctors took the mask off her.

"What's going on" she asked. She felt my hand and looked over at me. She smiled and I smiled back.

"Thank you" she mouthed at me. I winked at her, making her blush, which gave me serious butterflies. This girl had only been awake for 2 minutes and she was already getting me nervous.

One of the nurses told Elena what had happened. From the gala, to now. As she remembered everything a horrified look came over her face. But before she could ask any questions, the boys & Vic came in to see her. They all have her a hug and Vic was crying happy tears this time. Kairi was last to see Elena. His eyes filled with tears, but hers didn't. He leaned down to give her a hug, and apologised so many times.

"Don't worry, it's good" she replied to his apologies. It wasn't good, everyone knew it was anything but good.

"Where's Hector?" she asked with a worried look.

"He's dead, thanks to Alvaro's uncle" I said, causing everyone to look at Alvaro who shuffled uncomfortably in his seat.

"Why you gotta put me on the spot like that?" He joked, before getting serious "well my uncle wasn't going to do anything but when he saw the knife in Mattia, he shot Hector, and got his men to get rid of the body".

Elena let out a sigh of relief "thank him for me Alvaro"

"Do it yourself" he smiled, looking at the door. We all looked at the door and his uncle was stood there, waiting to come in.

ELENA'S POV:

I smiled and waved him in. He entered with a leopard skin suit on, which made his gold rings shine even more. He made his way over to me with a huge smile and kissed my hand that Mattia wasn't holding.

"I knew you'd wake up kid" he said, with a strong New York accent "and you kiddo" he reached over and shook Mattia's hand. "You did a good job protecting your girlfriend, you're a good kid".

I held my breath, trying not to look at Kairi, and anxiously waited for Mattia's responce.

"Thank you" he said, with confidence in his voice. Alvaro's uncle looked at me with a sad smile.

"I didn't mean to shoot him kid, but when he took out the knife, I had no choice" he said.

I shook my head and smiled "I wanted to thank you for doing that actually, I needed him as far away from me as possible"

Smiling, Uncle Claudio gave my hand a reassuring squeeze "consider my work here done then". He got up, said goodbye to everyone and left.

"So I booked an evening flight back to New Jersey, it takes off at 9pm" said Alejandro, he looked at Mattia and I with a concerned expression on his face.

"I'm staying with Elena" said Mattia. Kairi nodded and got up to leave.

"I'm gonna head to the hotel, make sure I didn't forget anything" he said quickly, he waved at Mattia and I, before walking out. 

Alejandro sighed "he'll come around".

I pressed my lips together and looked down at my hand in Mattia's.

"Yeah we'll be in New Jersey in a few days" I said. Mattia smiled at me and the guys agreed.

"Then it's settled, y'all better be back quick" said Roshaun.

"We will" I smiled, looking at Mattia.

He really was something special.