Chapter 48

VIC'S POV:

I sat in the bathroom cubicle, looking at my phone. I gasped for breath between the tears which wouldn't stop falling. Alejandro and I have been seeing each other for 2 years, and I just thought he was special. I thought he was mine.

I heard a knock on the bathroom door and quickly wiped my tears. I looked down at my hands and mascara stains covered my palms.

"Vic?" said a voice. A male voice. Alejandro. I tried to sort out my face but it was of no use.

"This is the girls bathroom" I said quietly. I heard him step in and close the door behind.

"I don't care Vic, you're in here, and that's all that matters to me" he said in a calm manner. I stayed silent, I didn't know what to say, or where to even start.

"Vic please open the door" he said. His voice cracked as he spoke.

"Please baby, let me fix this" he said, I could tell he was crying and it only made me cry again. I stood up and unlocked the cubicle. I opened the door and he was stood in front of me, with teary eyes and shaky hands.

I held his hands in mine to try and stop them shaking.

"Just tell me if you have feelings for her" I said, avoiding his gaze.

"I swear" a tear rolled down his cheek and he held onto my hands "I swear with all my heart Vic, I don't feel anything for her"

I took a sharp intake of breath.

"Have you ever had feelings for her?" I said, looking up into his eyes. He looked at me, with his bottom lip trembling, and slowly nodded his head. I felt like my world was collapsing. I really, really wanted him to say no. I let go of his hands and slowly took a step back.

"Vic it was years ago, I swear it meant nothing" he said desperately. I shook my head and tried to compose myself.

"How do I know you haven't felt that way for other girls?" I asked, trying to hold back my tears. But I failed miserably.

"N-no Vic, it was only her, I promise" he said, taking a step closer to me.

"Alejandro, promises are meant to break" I said, breaking down. He pulled me into a hug and I cried my heart out. How could we go so wrong? How could I potentially lose the person who understood me the most?

"Vic please stop crying" he said, kissing the top of my head. But I couldn't stop. My heart hurt like hell, and I wished none of this had happened.

I broke the hug and looked up at him.

"I don't want to lose you" I wept. He took my face in his hands, so he could look directly into my eyes. His eyes had lost their sparkle, they were sad.

"You are never going to lose me" he whispered.

"Alicia will keep trying to break us up, but we're stronger than that baby, I love you, I need you Vic, you're my oxygen, without you I'm nothing" he said, wiping my tears with his thumbs.

"I'm sorry I made it into a big deal" I frowned.

He pulled me into a hug and I rested my head on his chest. His grip around me was tighter than usual, he was breathing heavy.

"Calm down Ale, we're good" I said, softly kissing his cheek.

"I know, but Vic I never wanna make you cry like that again, I'm so sorry for hurting you" he said, placing his forehead on mine. I looked into his eyes and became serious.

"It was never your fault Ale, it was that bitch" I said.

"Let's go show her up babygirl" he said, taking my hand and leading me out. We walked out the bathroom to find Elena and Mattia with their ears pressed against the wall, and they quickly jumped back when we walked out.

"W-we were just looking at the wall" said Mattia, smiling awkwardly. Alejandro and I started laughing and Elena rolled her eyes.

"If you're gonna lie about it, at least make it realistic" she said, shaking her head at Mattia.

She turned to us with and saw our intertwined hands and a huge grin appeared on her face.

"You guys fixed it!" She squealed, pulling us into a group hug. Mattia came and joined in too and I finally felt happy again.

"Can someone please just kill Alicia" said Mattia, after we all pulled away. We laughed and Alejandro looked at me.

"Y'all can do whatever you want, I'm staying with mamas from now on" he said, taking my hand and making me blush.

"Aww she's blushing!" smiled Elena. I smiled and put my head on Ale's shoulder.

"I love you Vic" he whispered, kissing my forehead.

"I love you Alejandro" I whispered back, unable to get rid of the smile on my face.