Chapter 51

ELENA'S POV:

I jumped when I heard the smash, which was quickly followed by a scream. I looked at Mattia and anxiety was written all over him. I got up and ran into the kitchen, as he followed behind me.

The wine was all over the marble tiles, and Mom was backed up against the sink. She had tears streaming down her face and I looked over at mike who was stood on the other side of the glass. He looked at my Mom and shook his head.

"Clean it up Leanne" he instructed, picking up his lighter and walking towards the door. My mom slowly tried to walk around the glass, and I looked at Mike, with a horrified expression on my face.

"How dare you speak to my Mother like that" I exclaimed. Mattia stepped forward and put his hand out to stop my Mom from coming any closer.

"It's too dangerous Miss Hill, I'll do it" he said softly.

"Thank you" she said quietly, going back to the sink. She was bare footed, which made the glass even more dangerous to her.

Mike looked over at me with the stink eye.

"Then you clean it up" he sneered. Mattia held my wrist to stop me from pouncing on Mike. He had an innocent look on his face and I felt my blood boil everytime I looked at him. 

"Don't talk to me like that" I said, my breathing getting heavier. Mattia walked over to get the brush to clean up the glass, and glared at Mike as he walked past.

"What? Does everyone in this room hate me?" he said loudly, looking over at my Mom.

"You don't hate me, do you Leanne?" he asked her, causing her to look up. She quickly shook her head and fixed her gaze back into the ground. Why was she acting like this? She was usually the most energetic person, what the fuck did he do to her?

"Why don't you just leave?" Mattia said, taking us all by surprise. I didn't think it was in his blood to be rude, but I guess he really didn't like Mike.

Mike prodded his finger into Mattia's chest, causing him to stumble backwards.

"Why don't you leave?" said Mike.

"Mattia stop" I said, trying to intervene, but he ignored me, and instead started facing up to mike.

"You think you're so fucking hard hitting women right?" said Mattia. I gasped and my hand flew to my mouth. I looked at my Mom and she was crying with her head in her hands.

Mike started laughing and shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know what you're talking about" he said.

"You lying bastard!" yelled Mattia, swinging his fist in his face. Mike ducked and threw a punch directly into Mattia's stomach, causing him to double over in pain.

"Mattia" I screamed, running over to him. But as I ran over I felt something pierce into the bottom of my foot. I screamed again and held my foot in agony.

"Elena!" shouted my Mom, causing them to stop fighting look over at me.

Mattia ran over to me and picked me up, sitting me down on the countertop.

"Mike go get the first aid box" ordered Mom. Her voice was shaky but there was still anger in it.

"I don't know where it is" said Mike, sitting back down. Mom slammed her hands on the countertop.

"No you do know Mike, your fucking know everything" she yelled "you know where it is cause you helped me clean up my shoulder before the bruise came right?"

My eyes widened. Mattia saw me and pulled me in holding me tighter.

O-okay I'll get it" said Mike, quickly exiting the room. The way his tone switched up scared me.

Mom came over to Mattia and I, pulling us in for a hug. I felt her tears fall on my clothes.

"I'm so sorry for everything"