Chapter 19

KAIRI'S POV:

We both stared at the phone as it rang. Neither of us knew what to do, but I couldn't stand to see Elena in this state. She was weak. Without thinking I picked up the phone, much to Elena's shock.

"Hello?" I said. Elena had panic in her eyes. I had no idea what I was doing answering the call, and her eyes were telling me to hang up while I still could.   I had to get it over with. She gestured for me to put it on speaker, and I reluctantly agreed.

"Hello Kairi" he said. His voice was confident, almost too confident. And honestly, it scared me.

"Bro what do you want? It's past midnight" I said.

"You know what I want Kairi" he laughed. This dude was fucking creepy, and for all I knew he was after my life.

I kept my cool cause Elena was already panicky so I didn't wanna add to her stress. I reached over and took her hand. It was shaking.

"I actually don't Hector, and I'd like to sleep now"

"Kairi do not hang up"

So I decided to hang up. Not my smartest move I know, but I had no other choice.

"W-wait why'd you do that?" Elena said

I shrugged "I'm not sitting there taking his bull and neither are you". I leaned over and kissed her gently on her head "let's just go to sleep El". She nodded and went to pick up the pizza box. I placed my hand on hers.

"I'll clear everything up baby, you go choose a hoodie instead" I winked at her. She gave me a weak smile and went to my closet. I took the pizza box downstairs and took a water bottle. As I was walking to my room I heard voices from my room. I put my ear against the door and listened.

"I won't let you touch a hair on his head" Elena was saying. She turned speaker off so I couldn't hear anything he was saying to her.

"It's called moving on Hector, I moved on. I don't love you anymore. After what you did, I didn't think I was capable of loving again" she paused for a sec. "until I met Kairi".

I smiled and felt my heart warming up. So she really did love me. Boy, was feeling that mutual. And this newfound confidence of hers, impressive is an understatement. I pressed my ear against the door and listened more.

"So don't you dare come near us. I'm not scared of you anymore Hector. While you're busy chasing after someone who doesn't care if you're dead or alive, I'm growing and thriving. We are not the same".

And with that she hung up. I opened the door and pretended like I didn't hear anything, even though I'm sure she knew. She was wearing my blue hoodie and damn did she look good in it.

"Blue is definitely your colour" I said, smirking at her. She blushed and got into my bed.

"Quit making me turn red and get into bed so I can cuddle"

I laid next to her and she turned her back to me. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her to my chest. I kissed the back of her head as she rested her hands on mine.

"You look sexy when you blush" I whispered.

"N-no I don't" she said softly.

I laughed quietly "I don't even need the light to know you're blushing right now"

"You suck" she mumbled. She turned around and hid her face in her hands whilst cuddling into me. I smiled and separated her hands.

"You're the most beautiful woman on the planet" I gently kissed her lips and she sleepily kissed me back.

"Goodnight baby" she whispered.

"Goodnight princess" I replied.

This was perfect. I felt as happy as I did when we were first together, if not more. She looked so relaxed when she was sleeping. She wasn't stressing over anything. No worrying about anyone. Not even Hector. Hector. Holy fuck. I just realised. My whole body tensed up and Elena stirred in her sleep. I played with her hair so she wouldn't wake up.

Now I had a much bigger problem. Hector knows I'm dating Elena. There was no doubt I was his next target. And I've made it so easy for him. He knows where I live, my number. Fuck.

I looked over at my phone. It was turned off. And that's how it'll stay. For as long as I'm alive.