Chapter 10

A/N: YALL THIS SONG IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITES AND GOES WELL W THIS CHAPTER IN MY OPINION. YOU'LL PROBABLY SEE IT IN A FEW CHAPTERS. ILYSM 💛💛💛

KAIRI'S POV:

Today was the day before Christmas Eve. I decided to call everyone over to my place so that we could decide what we were doing this year. Me and Elena were on okay terms, but I still hadn't spoken to Mattia at all, and it was starting to suck a lot. Everytime the boys would get together, we'd just act like the other was invisible, and it put a downer on the whole group. I decided I'd talk to him tonight, I missed my bestfriend and didn't wanna start 2020 on a shit note.

Roshaun was the first to arrive and we went straight to my room. He was being awkward and it was obviously about the Mattia thing.

"I'm gonna talk to him tonight" I said, breaking the silence.

"You are? Oh thank God for that, I'm sick of seeing you idiots mad at each other over some girl" he said.

"She's not some girl man" I shook my head "she's special to me. She made me so happy"

"Didn't you date for like a week and a half"

I slammed my hand on the table "I don't fucking care!! I've never even had a girlfriend before and she was always there for me, she never cheated, I don't want to lose her and now she's falling for Mattia. Any chance I had at true love is fucking gone"

"Wait" said Roshaun "she likes Mattia? What made you think that?"

I put my head in my hands and sighed "have you not seen how they smile at each other? He doesn't argue with her like I do, the interrupted dates, the bet, the near kiss. She's so much happier with him, than she is with me. And you know Mattia can make her happier than I can. I think everyone knows that"

"Damn. Well maybe you should ask her where her heart's at. Don't assume man, maybe you're overthinking it?" He said.

"I mean I'll ask her but I doubt it man" I shrugged.

The rest of the gang & Elena showed up half an hour after Roshaun. Alvaro got back from soccer trials in New York, so it was cool seeing him again. And Robert was revising for his SAT all week so it was a surprise seeing him turn up too. The doorbell went and I walked downstairs to answer it. I opened it and there she was. Her hair was messy but it still looked so perfect hair, and her hazel eyes staring right into mine. I could stare into them all day if she'd let me. I love this girl, and all it did was make my heart ache even more, knowing she was slowly slipping away from me.

"Kairi??" she said, snapping me out of my daydream.

"Yeah sorry hey, y-you look really good" I smiled.

"I do?" She laughed and looked down at her sweats, honestly she looked like a million bucks, but she never believed me when I told her.

"You do" I took her hand and lead her upstairs and all the boys gave her a hug before we started talking about plans for Christmas.

"So I was thinking we could maybe spend Christmas together? Maybe all our families come together this year?" Roshaun suggested.

"Noo man that sucks, we should all go away for a holiday this Christmas" argued Alvaro.

"A holiday sounds good actually" said Robert.

Just then the doorbell rang and Alvaro went downstairs to get it. Mattia and Alejandro walked in. I felt my whole body tense up and looked over to Elena who was looking straight at Mattia. I shook my head and walked over to Mattia.

"I think we should talk" I said signalling for him to go back out. He nodded in agreement and turned around.

I took a deep breath. I was either about to get my bestfriend back or lose him and my girlfriend at the same time.