Chapter 20

KAIRI'S POV

I reached over to Elena with my eyes still shut. But my hand hit the sheets. I opened my eyes and she wasn't there. What?

"Elena?" I called out. No answer. I started breathing quicker and grabbed my phone. I dialled her number and got out of bed. It went straight to voicemail. I tried it again and heard something outside. I ran over and pulled away the curtains too see someone next to my car. I opened the window and they saw me.

"Get away from my fucking car!" I yelled. They ran away immediately and I turned to my phone. What the fuck was going on? I threw on a shirt and some shorts and tried Elena again. Nothing. I grabbed my keys and ran downstairs. I unlocked the front door and saw that they'd slashed my tyres. That wasn't an issue, that could be replaced. Elena can't be replaced. Just then my phone went off. Elena.

"Hello? Elena? Baby where are you?" I said.

Someone on the other side laughed. Hector.

"Son of a bitch" I spat. "What the fuck do you want Hector?"

"You just don't get it do you Kairi?" His tone was jolly, as if we were joking around. I felt a hot tear run down my cheek. "I wanted your girlfriend" he said. His tone wasn't jolly anymore. It was almost sinister, and it made the hair on my skin rise.

"Wanted?" I felt my jaw clench up.

"Past tense kid, I've got her now" he was laughing again. My fist was curled up into a ball. I hung up. Roshaun had taught me how to how to trace calls. And now it was coming in handy.

The forest? He was at the same forest I took Elena. Dickhead. I ran back inside and threw on trainers and grabbed my moms keys. I started the car and I don't think I've ever driven that fast. That's why he got his bitch to slash my tyres. He knows I'm coming. My grip tightened on the steering wheel until my knuckles were white.

I parked the car outside the forest and saw he had someone stood outside. I guess he was waiting for me. How flattering.

I snuck out the car and stood behind it. If I ran, I'd be able to make it into the forest without him catching me. I started running as fast as I could, and then I heard the gunshots. I dived behind a tree for cover. But I'd ran far enough cause I could hear his voice. That bastard voice.

"See I told you he wouldn't come" he said.

"You're fucking sick" Elena yelled back. I leaned forward to see he'd tied her up against a tree. I felt my fists curl up again. Then a bag went over my eyes and someone had given me a low blow. I groaned and doubled over in pain. Then I felt myself being picked up.

"Kairi!" a voice screamed. It was Elena. I'd recognise that voice in a crowd of a million people. Then the bag was taken off, and I saw Hector grinning at me.

With a gun in his right hand.

"Hey lets not-"

I was cut off because someone had punched my head from behind. I had a ringing in my ear and lost my breath.

"Did that hurt?" said Hector. He walked up to me and I looked at the ground. He put the gun under my chin and lifted my head up so I was looking at him.    I spat in his face, but that only made the douche behind me more mad. He pulled out a blade and held it to my neck. Elena screamed for him to stop but it made no difference.

"Baby it's okay he won't do anything" I winked at her. But in fact it did make him do something. And by him, I mean Hector. He walked up to me and kicked my chest. Considering I was on my knees, it was a tough shot. I groaned in pain and tasted blood in my mouth. I looked over to Elena and she was a mess. She was crying and had bruises on her face. My heart broke seeing her like this and not being able to help her.

The only thing that distracted me from thinking about her was the sound of Hector loading his gun. He aimed it at me and I gulped.

"H-hector listen" I pleaded.

"Any last words Kairi?" He asked.

I saw his fingers trace the trigger. There was no point in begging. It was over. I turned to Elena with tears in my eyes.

"I'm sorry" I whispered. She shook her head and couldn't get her words out because of how much she was crying. I looked back at Hector and closed my eyes, bracing myself.

BANG

I shot up in bed, gasping for air, covered in sweat. It was a fucking nightmare. I looked next to me, and she was there. Sound asleep. I wrapped my arms around her tight, careful not to wake her. I caught my breath, and closed my eyes.

I wasn't letting anything happen to us.

A/N: DID I GET YOU?! I HOPE YOU'RE LOVING THE STORY, AND I HOPE 2020 IS GOING GREAT FOR YALL!!
ILY!!! 💛💛💛💛