Chapter 21

MATTIA'S POV:

I was laying in bed, looking at the ceiling. Thinking about her. It felt like it'd been a century since we last spoke, even though it was only a few days ago.

I missed her. I missed her smile. I missed her hugs. I missed her scent. I missed Elena Hill.

I knew it wasn't meant to be, and I knew that it would be impossible for us to be together. But there was still a small part of me that wished I'd never let her go. She could've been here, lying next to me. And everything would've been fine. But her heart belongs to Kairi. I hated it, but I had to accept it.

I got out of bed and threw on a hoodie and some shorts. I caught myself smiling like an idiot when I noticed I was wearing the hoodie Elena once wore. It still had her watermelon scent in it. God, how was I supposed to get over this girl? I sighed and made my way downstairs.

My mom was in the kitchen making pancakes, and I saw that my plate was already on the table.

"Morning Matti" she said with a smile.

"Goodmorning Ma" I returned the smile and took a seat. My mom was always the best at giving relationship advice, maybe she'd know what I'm meant to do in this situation. I winced. But then I'd have to tell her the whole story. About how I stole my bestfriends' girlfriend , about how I got rejected. Nah, i'm good for advice. Mom came and joined me at the dinner table.

"Have you packed?" she asked.

"Packed? For what" I said.

She looked at me with a puzzled expression on her face.

"Alejandro told me you guys are going to New York for the New Year, isn't that right?"

I choked on my food.

"No one told me that, this is the first time I'm hearing about it" I said.

"Well I guess you better find out what's going on then" she got up to leave the kitchen "I honestly worry about you sometimes Mattia".

I put my head in my hands and muttered under my breath "same". I looked at the notifications on my phone.

GANGSHIT 🤮💕

Alejandro - meet at my place for 7pm?

Alvaro - I'll be there

Roshaun - yer

Robert - can't, doing homework

Alejandro - that's cool you already know anyway

Kairi - know what?

Mattia - about the fucking holiday

Alejandro - wait you found out

Kairi - HOLIDAY?!

Alejandro - well Mattia ruined it, but yeah be over for 7

Kairi - sureeeeee

I sighed and turned my phone off. Why would I wanna go on holiday when I feel like shit?

ELENA'S POV:

Kairi had woken up before me and was texting someone. I leaned over and had a look and it was the boys group chat.

"Morning sleepyhead" He said, kissing the top of my head.

"Good morning handsome" I smiled and kissed his cheek, "how'd you sleep?"

He gulped and then smiled quickly.

"Great actually, you?"

I narrowed my eyes at him and sat myself up so I was level with him.

"Baby, I don't know if anyone had ever told you this before, but you are a terrible liar" I said.

He sighed and told me about the nightmare. I felt my heart drop when he was telling me. This was all my fault. I'd brought Hector into Kairi's life, and now he would have to deal with the consequences. It was so unfair, and it was all on me.

I took his hand and looked into his tired eyes. Kairi never had tired eyes.

"I'm so sorry that I've dragged you into all of this, Hector is my problem, and I should've never got you involved". He winced when he heard Hector's name. But then he put his hand on top of mine and gave me that reassuring smile.

"Elena, he wants to kill me because you're in love with me. And I'm in love with you. Which means your battles are my battles. I'm not going to just stand by and let some jealous, manipulative ex fuck you up like this". And with that he leaned in and kissed my lips, almost as if he was ending the conversation about Hector there.

He pulled away and had this excited look on his face. Like a kid in a candy store.

"What is it?" I laughed

"We're going on holiday baby"

My eyes widened. "We are? Where? With the boys too?"

He nodded his head and kept the smirk on his face.

"All I'm going to say is, baby what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"