Chapter 30

FLASHBACK TO CHRISTMAS DAY -

MATTIA'S POV:

I woke up at around 6:00am. I remembered I still had to buy everyone Christmas presents, and reluctantly rolled out of bed and threw on some sweats and a hoodie. I crept downstairs quietly, and saw there was a huge amount of gifts left in the living room. I smiled and grabbed my keys.

I drove to target and started looking for gifts. You can never go wrong with target. I found a jean jacket for my Mom, and a pair of Christmas socks and a mug for my Pa. I headed to the toys aisle when I saw this weird, curly headed dude waving at me. I assumed he was a fan and waved back. I continued walking to the toys when I saw he was following me. I turned around, frustrated and still sleepy.

"Bro what do you want?" I asked, irritated.

"Oh uhh" he stammered. I rolled my eyes and went to pick up a Nerf gun for my little brother.

"I need Elena Hill" he said bluntly. His voice wasn't innocent and calm anymore. He almost hissed it at me, in a dark, twisted way. What the fuck?

"Excuse me?" I said. I took a step towards him.

"I-I mean do you know where she is?" He said.

I shook my head "I'm not about to tell you her location you fucking creep"

"No you don't understand" he started laughing but I didn't get the joke "see I'm Hector, and Elena is my girlfriend, and I'm trying to find her"

Nothing on this planet could make me believe this idiot, I knew he was lying through his teeth. I rolled my eyes and started walking towards the checkout.

"Hey you don't wanna walk away from me" he warned me, which made me walk even faster.

"If you want me to ruin your reputation like I did when I showed the world you tried to kiss Elena I will" he shouted.

What the fuck. It was him? Who the fuck was this guy? I turned around to face him. He gave me this smile. It made me sick.

"I knew that'd make you stop Mattia. See Elena and I, we had something special" he started walking towards me, and I kept a blank expression on my face.

"And I don't like when boys try get in the way of me and her, especially boys like you. So here's what's about to happen, you're going to tell me where she is, and I'm going to reclaim my girlfriend" he smiled again and had that innocent look on his bitch face.

I looked down at him like he was shit on the back of my shoe. It had clearly affected me when I found out he leaked the video, but there was no way I was letting him know.

"Fuck you Hector" I spat, shocking him. "I don't need your empty fucking threats, like you work for the fucking mafia or something, go take a fucking walk bitch" I turned around and went to pay for my shit. He didn't say anything after that, and I didn't turn around to see what he was doing.

I got to my car and started driving home. It was 7:45. Everyone was bound to be awake in the next half hour. The presents were wrapped and I just had to put them under the tree. But I couldn't get that asshole Hector out my head.

Why the fuck did he want Elena so bad? He was clearly an ex, and Elena wouldn't ever cheat. I was worried for Kairi. I gripped the steering wheel tighter and wondered whether I should tell him or not. He'll find out sooner or later, I didn't wanna have to be the one to tell him.

BACK TO THE GALA:

MATTIA'S POV:

I saw him staring down at me with that fucking smile. I ran up the stairs to where he was, I was furious, and I wanted to kill him. He quickly put his arms up to surrender, but that shit didn't phase me. I put my hands around his neck and pinned him against the wall, lifting him up slightly. He started choking and I could hear everyone below me yelling for me to let go. Hector kept smiling at me whilst he was slowly running out of breath. This guy was a certified fucking psychopath.

Then I felt it. The knife. Hector had reached into his pocket and stabbed me. Right in the stomach. I immediately let go of him and stumbled backwards, one hand on the knife trying to pull it out. But it was too deep. I was gasping for breath when I fell to the floor and felt my shirt, soaked with blood.

BANG

Gunshots went off, and I saw Hector drop to the side of me. His eyes were wide and he was staring at the ceiling. The blood was pouring from his mouth and down the side of his cheek.

I can't remember what had happened after that. I had blacked out.