Chapter 53

⚠️ SMUT WARNING ⚠️

ELENA'S POV:

I woke up before Mattia, at around 9:30am. I looked over at him, and he was fast asleep. His bedhead hair made him look even cuter. Without waking him, I reached over and got my phone off the nightstand. I checked my messages.

ALVARO: hey Elena, can I add you into the boys group chat?

I smiled and agreed to it. It'd be interesting to see how weird ass their conversations were. He added me in the group and almost immediately hundreds of messages came pouring through.

GANGSHIT 🤮💕

ROSHAUN: Welcome to the best group chat ever created

ALEJANDRO: aye she's in

ALVARO: Just mute the chat if we get annoying.

ME: don't worry I will 🤣 and thanks guys 💕

*KAIRI HAS LEFT THE CHAT*

I frowned when I read that. Why did he have to leave? I thought we were good now. I sighed and turned my phone off as the boys started to question why he'd left. Was it always going to be this awkward?

I quietly got out of bed and made my way downstairs. I saw Mike sitting on the couch watching TV. My heartbeat started to increase but I composed myself. I wasn't letting him see me vulnerable. I walked into the kitchen to see my Ma making breakfast.

"Why is he here?" I said. She looked at me with tired eyes and pressed her lips into a thin line.

"Good morning to you too" she said, going back to her cooking.

"Okay good morning, but Mom" I said, growing desperate for an answer.

"He didn't have anywhere else to stay okay?" she snapped at me.

"So you invite him back? After he nearly killed me?"

"That's a bit dramatic Elena, it was a piece of glass"

I flung my arms into the air "there you go again, completely dismissing my feelings"

Mattia had walked into the kitchen, and looked at either of us.

"You guys seen him too, right?" he said, pointing towards the living room. I nodded and went over to the table. Mom didn't say anything, and it wasn't a surprise to me either. How was I meant to help her get through this, when she was barely helping herself? I looked over at her from the table. She had dark circles under her eyes, and looked thinner than usual. That wasn't my Mom.

"Do you wanna go to Alejandro's today? The guys are all meeting up there" said Mattia. He had a smile on his face and I didn't want to be the one to ruin that for him.

"Sure" I smiled. We finished eating breakfast and went upstairs to get ready. I didn't bother telling Mom what time I'd be home, it's not like she'd care anyway.

Mattia wanted to shower so I let him use my én suite, which meant the only showers left for me were either Mom's shower or the guest room shower. And there was a 99% chance that Mike was using that. Just the thought of his dirty hands touching items in our home made me sick.

It almost felt like I wasn't even safe in my own home anymore.

I walked into my bedroom, took a towel out of my closet and tried to pick an outfit. I settled on Mattia's grey Nike jumper with my black jeans. I took my makeup too, and as I took it off my dresser, something fell to the floor. I looked down and saw the bracelet Kairi had gifted me. I smiled and picked it up. It was irritating to know Alicia had worn it, but I managed to get over it. I decided I'd wear it today when I saw him. If he turns up, that is.