Chapter 54

MATTIA'S POV:

I shouldn't have stormed out the car the way I did. I should've let her explain instead of just leaving. But I was mad, I'm still mad. Why is she taking a gift from Kairi, when she told me they're finished?

I walked into Ale's house, the door is always unlocked. Then I remembered Elena was on crutches, and guilt hit me almost instantly. I turned around and headed back to the car. She was struggling to get out, and I rushed over.

"Hey I'm here" I said, helping her out. But she shrugged me off and started making her way inside.

"Babe" I called, but she ignored me. She couldn't walk very fast so it was easy for me to catch up to her.

"What?" she said coldly.

"What's wrong?" I asked, putting my hand on the back of her neck and massaging her shoulders.

"Are you gonna let me explain or just throw another tantrum and storm off?" she said, and I looked down at the floor.

"Baby I'm sorry, I was mad" I said, helping her take her shoes off.

"I'm sorry too" she said, setting her crutches down. "I should've told you about the bracelet, but I didn't think it would bother you this much".

She looked apologetic and I held her hand.

"I get why you didn't tell me, I was just mad cause if my ex gave me something and I didn't tell you, I'm sure you'd be livid" I said, picking her up in my arms.

"I know" she said, tracing the outline on my jumper.

"I'll get rid of the bracelet, okay?"

"Baby you don't have to-"

"No" she said firmly "I'm in love with you, and I want to prioritise you over everyone else, and that means I don't want to own anything linked to Kairi"

I smiled and kissed her head as we entered Alejandro's room.

"Aye bitch" said Alejandro, coming over to me. I put Elena down and greeted the boys.

"Elena it's so good to see you" said Alejandro, going in to hug her. Roshaun, Alvaro and Kairi were too engrossed in a video game to notice us.

Elena tried to hide her foot but her efforts proved worthless, since she had a limp.

"Elena how come you're limping?" asked a curious Alejandro. Elena looked over at me and bit her lip nervously.

"She sprained her ankle" I said quickly, and she shot me a grateful look. I winked at her and Ale nodded his head. The rest of the boys finally acknowledged us and we played Fifa 20 whilst Elena and Alvaro made Tik Toks.

KAIRI'S POV:

The first thing I noticed when she walked into the room was her bare wrist. I felt my heart sink a little. I thought she'd wear it today, of all days, but clearly I was wrong. She probably threw it away as soon as she got home, knowing my luck. I hid my disappointment by tuning into Alvaro and Roshaun's video game.

I watched the game, but I was more focused on the conversation behind me. I heard Alejandro mention Elena having a limp and I turned my head slowly. Sure enough, she was limping towards us. Mattia said something about it being a sprained ankle, but there was no way I'd believe that bullshit. Elena's a strong girl, it takes a lot to hurt her.

She greeted us but I stayed quiet throughout. My feelings for Elena were still there. The heartbreak was still there. The sleepless nights when she was the only thing on my mind. They were still there. And it hurt that I couldn't go over to her, and check on her without falling for her all over again. Elena was the only girl I'd ever met who had that effect on me.

Where I'd fall in love with her. Over and over again.

ELENA'S POV:

It started getting dark out and I decided that I should probably leave. Mattia agreed too, since he had to get home.

"It was so good seeing you guys" I said hugging them all. Kairi purposely went to the bathroom when I stood up to say goodbye. I decided to ignore his petty behaviour and Mattia and I headed out.

We got in the car and were at my house soon enough.

"Will I see you tomorrow?" I asked him, and he started laughing.

"You really think I can go a whole day without seeing you? He said, leaning over to kiss me gently.

"I'll see you tomorrow then" I blushed.

"Do you want help getting out?" he asked, starting to open his door.

"I think I've got it this time" I said, taking the crutches and carefully getting out the car.

"I love you amor" he said, blowing me a kiss.

"I love you more" I said, closing the door and heading towards my house. I heard him drive off and unlocked my front door. I walked inside to an eerily quiet house.

I left my crutches in the hallway, I'd be okay limping it. I walked into the kitchen to find Mike leaning on the counter with his head in his hands. He was breathing heavily, and his face was red.

I casually walked over to the fridge and got out an apple juice carton.

"What's your problem?" I asked him, getting a plastic cup from the drawer. I wasn't ready to use glass items when he was in the same room. He didn't say anything but nodded in the direction of the dinner table. I looked and saw the bracelet Kairi had given me. Smashed up into a million pieces.

"No" I whispered, slowly making my way to the bracelet, and picking up the broken pieces in my hands. The little blue jewels that were embedded in the hearts had all fallen out, and the hearts themselves were deformed. Tears formed in my eyes.

"M-my bracelet" I sobbed, trying to put it together again, but it was no use.

"Wait, that was yours?" he said, shakily turning towards me.

"Of course it was!" I yelled "it was the only thing I had left of Kairi and you fucking ruined it"

"I thought it was your Moms!" he exclaimed. My heart dropped. Mom.

I ran upstairs and burst into her room. She jumped and dropped her concealer.

"God Elena, can't you knock?" she said, trying to apply her makeup quickly.

"Show me your face" I said, marching up to her and moving her hands away. She tried to push me away but I was stronger than her and I moved her hands. She had a black eye.

"Why did he do this" I cried, holding her fragile face in my hands.

She shrugged and tried to keep a brave face.

"He saw this b-bracelet in my bathroom, and thought I cheated on him" she stammered, wiping the concealer from around her eyes.

I felt my heart drop.

"This is all my fault" I whispered.

"No baby, it's not" said Mom, shaking her head.

"No Ma, that's my bracelet" I said, putting my head in my hands. She opened her mouth to speak but no words came out.

"What do we do now?" I said, looking at her for support.

She composed herself and took my hands.

"We need to call 911"