Chapter 7

December 21st

MATTIA'S POV:

I was getting ready to go over to Ale's house where the gang was meeting up. I still couldn't get Elena out my head, and it pissed me off that her and Kairi were closer than ever after I fucked up their pizza date. I thought they would've broken up after she found out about the bet, but if anything it just "saved their relationship" as Kairi put it. Did she really love him that much? What did he have that I didn't?

Once I got to Kairi's house I knocked on the door and waited. No one came. I could hear music playing, so I knocked again. Again, no one. I ended up picking a stone up and throwing it at Kairi's window for them to notice. After 10 minutes, Roshaun came down and opened the door.
"Hey man they're all upstairs" he said.
"Why did it take you so long to open the door?" I said.
"The music's loud man, I'll turn it down though" I didn't hear what he said after that, I zoned out after I heard ELENA's laugh come from upstairs.
"Elena's here?" I asked, even though we both heard her laugh, why do I ask the dumbest question?
"Wherever Kairi is, so is Elena" Roshaun shrugged and made his way upstairs. I followed him and walked into Kairi's room to see him cuddling Elena on his bed, and Alé sat on the other side of the room texting someone. Probably Vic.

When I saw them a wave of jealousy slapped me in the face. This is my bestfriend. I should be happy for him. But instead I was stood there sulking over the fact that he had his arms around the girl that I wanted so badly.
"Oh hey man" he said, finally noticing me. He came up to me and shook my hand, and Elena followed suit, except she gave me a hug. At first I was taken aback when she had her arms around me, but then I realised I was making it awkward and wrapped my arms quickly around her. When I tell you my stomach had the whole butterfly garden in it. I hate how I was becoming a softie over her, she had my heart in her hands, and she probably didn't even know it.

ELENA'S POV:

I decided it was only polite to give him a hug since I'd hugged the rest of the boys when I came in. I slipped my arms around him, since he was too tall for me to even reach his neck. At first he didn't hug me back, and kept his hands by his sides. Shit. Did I overdo it? I was about to let go before I felt his hands make their way around my waist. I melted into his chest and held on, taking in his ridiculously good aftershave. WAIT. I HAVE A BOYFRIEND.

I quickly pulled away from Mattia and walked over to Kairi who was waiting for me at the door, before it was too obvious.
"Everything good?" Kairi asked, narrowing his eyes at Mattia. So much for being subtle.
"Yeah man everything's cool" he replied, he was good at lying, cause Kai shrugged his shoulder and walked out.

We spent the next couple hours making tik toks, and goofing around. Nothing productive really, which was actually kinda nice, and made a change to being stressed about school work all the time. I got a text from my mom at around 9pm that I had to be home, killjoy.
"Kairi I gotta head out" I said.
"Aw well I'll pick you up for school?" he said whilst pulling me in for a hug.
"Obviously" I smiled and his softly kissed me whilst tightening his arms around me. I really thought we were about to have a full make out sesh right there but Roshaun snapped us back to reality.
"Okay lovebirds we get it" he said loudly. Kairi pulled away, smirking a little bit. I looked over at Mattia and he was making sick faces at Roshaun. Child.
"Hey Elena I'll walk you home, we live like 10 minutes apart" Mattia offered.
"Oh no I'm good actually"
"Nah I insist, get your coat on" he said, throwing my coat at me.
"What the fuck has gotten into him" Kairi said under his breath
"I don't know it's weird" I whispered back, quiet enough so only Kairi would hear me. Except, I did know what was going on with Mattia, I just hoped Kairi would never figure it out.

We headed out and started walking back to my house. It was painfully silent, neither of us were speaking cause of that hug before it assuming.
"So uh" Mattia started "you give nice hugs"
I laughed at his comment and thanked him. I could finally see my house and I felt relieved. This was hard enough to get through. We got to my front door and I turned to him.
"Well thanks for walking me back" I said.
All of a sudden he leaned in. My reflexes are fast so I curved it by looking fo my side, and his lips made contact with my cheek. They were warm against my frozen skin, and instantly I felt butterflies.
"E-Elena I'm so sorry" he said, pulling away. I had no idea how to reply to that. What do you say when your boyfriends bestfriend tries to kiss you? I missed that lesson ugh.
"It's okay, I mean it's not, but um" I was clueless.
"Kairi will never find out I swear" he put his hands up "I'm gonna go before this gets even more awkward, I'm sorry again" he had turned a bright red and quickly walked in the direction of his own house, and I turned to enter my own house. And how wonderful it felt to finally enter the warmth and get away from the biting, horrid cold.

A/N: HIIII OMG I HOPE YALL ARE ENJOYING THE STORY!!! MATTIA CAN'T KEEP AWAY!! I HOPE YOU LOVED THIS CHAPTER AS MUCH AS I LOVED WRITING IT, ILYSM!!!!! 💛💛💛💛💛💛