Chapter 15

KAIRI'S POV:

It was Christmas Day. I decided to stay at home instead of meeting with everyone. If I wanted to go out I'd go in the evening.

We exchange gifts and I got a lot of cool stuff from the family. Hoodies, soccer boots, and a new ring light. I took my presents upstairs and checked my phone for messages.

GANGSHIT🤮💕

Alvaro - Have a blessed day y'all ❤️
Roshaun- Love ❤️
Robert - love u battyboi 😘
Mattia- everyone meet at Ale's place to exchange gifts for 4?
Alejandro: yessir 🤝🎄

I rolled my eyes. Would it be that awkward if I didn't turn up? I didn't wanna leave my house to go watch Mattia and Elena make out for the shits and giggles.

Me: taking a rain check, family plans 🤷‍♂️
Alejandro : killjoy 😤

I turned off my phone and threw it at my pillow. I had better things to do than to play best friends with the guy who took the love of my life.

Mom made Christmas dinner and we ate around 4pm. I remembered that they were all meeting at the park, and thought about the bracelet I'd bought Elena. Would it really change anything though? She was already in love with Mattia, they were probably exchanging wedding rings right now. I shook my head and started eating. My mom kissed me on the head as she sat down. She'd been extra loving since all this happened. I just wish I'd have told her about how I still had feelings for Elena. She really thinks I'm happier without her.

It was around 9 and I went up to my room. I saw the bracelet and tucked it under my pillow, I didn't need to see that right now. I grabbed a jacket and headed downstairs.

"Ma I'm going to meet the boys" I said.

"Okay don't be out too late Kairi" she replied. I nodded and left.

I really just needed fresh air, so I could clear my head. I made it to the park and it was empty. I took a seat on one of the benches and saw the wrapping paper in the bins, which was most likely from their gifts. I sighed and closed my eyes for a while. Maybe I should just tell Elena that I'm still in love with her. But then I'll just look like a dick for tryna break up their relationship. But isn't that Mattia did?

"FUCK" I screamed. I put my head in my hands and sighed. This love shit is difficult. Maybe it isn't for me?

"That was quite a scream" said a voice from behind me. I jumped out my skin and turned around. It was a guy, maybe just a little shorter than Mattia, with curly hair.

"Hector" he said, extending his hand.

"Kairi" I replied, shaking his hand. He had a Santa hat on and his smile was lowkey creepy.

"So how come you're alone on Christmas?" He asked

I shrugged "no reason, just needed air"

An awkward silence filled the air between us. I guess he was just tryna he friendly but I got a weird vibe from him.

"Are you free tomorrow?" he said, breaking the silence. I thought about what I was doing. Boxing Day. All I would do was sleep all day, why not?

"Sure" I nodded.

"Awesome, I'll drop by your place for like 2pm, and we can chill" he got up to leave.

"Wait, don't you need the addy?" I called after him.

"Don't worry. I already know" he said without even turning back. I was about to ask him how he knew but he'd already walked off. I sighed and looked at the sky. Was I turning soft over Elena? I've never cared this much about anyone.

My phone went off:

Elena: hey are you free to talk?

I laughed a little and turned my phone off. She wants to break my heart and then ask to talk like it's nothing? Mattia must be getting boring. Wait wtf. What am I doing? I was just crying over her yesterday, why can't I just agree to meet her? But, what if I'm getting over her, and seeing her might just bring back all those memories. They say the only way to make it stop hurting is to just let it hurt.

I sighed and put my phone in my pocket.