Chapter 17

ELENA'S POV:

"No".

His face fell immediately. He put his head down and kept his eyes shut. The silence was unbearable and I felt like I'd just ruined everything for him.

"Mattia I'm s-"

"Don't" he said. He sat on the bed with his back towards me and put his head in his hands. It was quiet again for a while, and I didn't know what I was meant to say. Should I just say yes instead? But, I wasn't in love with him.

"Too soon wasn't it?" he said, breaking the silence.

"What? No I-"

"Then what? What is it Elena?" He stood up and threw his arms in the air "what the fuck did I get wrong? I tried so fucking hard!" he was yelling now.

"Stop yelling Mattia" I warned him.

"No, don't tell me what to fucking do after you break my heart" he spat.

"Mattia I-"

"What is it? Hm? How the fuck could you say no? Everything was so perfect and you reject me?"

I rolled my eyes over how his ego was starting to take over.

"If you let me-" I started

"I couldn't possibly understand what made you say no to being my girlfriend"

"Mattia I'm-"

"WHAT THE FUCK ELENA" he yelled over me. That's when I lost it.

"I'M STILL IN LOVE WITH KAIRI"

He stopped yelling. It was almost as if the whole world stopped. As if we were on standstill.

"Get out" he said.

"Mattia just let me explain, I didn't want to have to tell you like this". I put a hand on his arm but he shrugged it off and took a step back. He looked at me as if I had a gun in my hand.

"Just when I thought you couldn't break my heart anymore, you smash it into a million pieces" he whispered. Tears started filling his eyes and he turned away from me. "Just get out. Get out and never speak to me again".

I turned and started walking out. I left his house and Kairi texted me:

Hey you still up for that talk you wanted to have?

I smiled and agreed to meet him at his place. It was only a 10 minute walk but it honestly felt like an hour. All I could think about was how much I'd hurt Mattia. It must've taken so much courage for him to ask me, and I just ruined it for him. Did I make a mistake?

I was still feeling down and guilty until I saw Kairi's house. I thought about how I was going to get the love of my life back and started smiling like an idiot. But wait, what if he didn't want me back? Oh fuck it, I'm telling him anyway. He'd already given me a spare key when we were dating, and forgot to take it back. I unlocked the door and ran all the way to his room.

KAIRI'S POV:

I woke up immediately when I heard the front door open. Everyone was out shopping so I was either getting robbed or it was one of the boys. Then I could hear footsteps running upstairs and grabbed a baseball bat and held it ready to hit someone, cause none of the boys run that fast. My door burst open and Elena appeared.

"Oh my god it's just you Elena" I let out a sigh of relief and threw the bat on the floor.

"K-Kairi I have to tell you something" she panted. She was out out of breath so I helped her sit down in the bed and put an arm around her.

"Take a breath Elena" I chuckled "you really ran upstairs that quick?"

She rolled her eyes and took my hand in hers.

"I'm still in love with you Kairi"

My eyes widened and I think my jaw fell to the floor. I was speechless. She really still loved me. She hadn't forgotten about me. I felt my heart jumping with joy and those butterflies. God it was the best feeling.

"Kai?" She waved a hand infront of my face, and her shoulders fell "I knew I shouldn't have come, you've probably moved on by now, I mean-"

I smashed my lips on hers. I couldn't wait any longer, and I zoned out of everything she was saying. I took in her watermelon scent and pulled her on top of me without breaking the kiss. She kissed me back and ran her hands through my hair. I pulled away so she could catch her breath again and smirked at her.

"I never fell out of love with you El, you make it impossible for me to do that"

She blushed and laid her head on my chest.

"I never fell out of love with you either Kairi" she whispered.

I played with her hair and looked down at her.
"Elena what happened with Mattia?" I asked. I felt her whole body tense up and cuddled her close.       

"I'm sorry El, you don't have to tell me"

"No, it's fine. You deserve an explanation" she took a deep breath and held my hand. God she's adorable.

"So Mattia asked me to be his girlfriend"

"What?!" I exclaimed "so you really rejected Mattia so you could be with me?" I highkey couldn't believe what I was hearing. She really did love me after all.

"Well when he gave me this speech about how he'll never stop loving me" I rolled my eyes "I realised how in love I was with you, and how I'd made the biggest mistake of my life letting you let me go" she looked up at me with sad eyes.

I smiled and took her hand "well I promise I'll never
ever let you go again" I pulled her in for a kiss and she kissed me back. I was about to go a step further before there was a knock on my front door. I pulled away and threw my head back in frustration, making Elena laugh.

"Well that's great timing" I said.

"Who could that be?" she said, leaving butterfly kisses on my cheek. I thought about it for a second and remembered the dude from yesterday in the park.

"Ohhh it's some dude I met at the park who wanted to hang today. I mean he said 2pm so I don't know why he shows up 8 hours later" I said.

"Weird, what was his name?" she asked.

I ran a hand through my hair and tried to remember what he told me "uhh Hector I think".

All of a sudden Elena sat up and the colour had gone from her face. I sat up too and put a comforting hand on her thigh.

"Babe? What happened?" I asked quickly. She looked at me and all I could see was plain fear in her eyes.

"Do not open that door"