Chapter 4

ELENA'S POV:

I was walking downstairs when I heard a knock on the door. I looked at my phone and it read 7:59, right on time Cosentino.
"Are you going on a date mija?" my mom asked when she saw me.
"Yeah with this guy who goes to my school"
"Okay well have fun, and no funny business" her tone went all serious, and for a second I thought she'd make me skip the date, but she laughed a little after seeing my expression and went upstairs. I opened the door to see Kairi in a black jeans and his usual black hoodie. When he saw me his eyes widened and made their way to my shoes and back up to my eyes. I blushed and felt like I'd overdressed for our date. Ava had picked out a dark blue Champion hoodie, cropped obviously, with ripped black jeans and my Vans which went with basically everything. I'd pulled my hair up into a loose ponytail and left a couple loose strands out, and I had my cherry lip balm on with a touch of mascara. Okay, maybe I was overdressed.
"Wow" he finally said after he was finished staring
"Too much right?"
"N-no not at all, you look" he nervously brushed his hand through his hair before saying "beautiful"
I blushed and walked out my house, closing the door behind me so I was face to face with Kairi.
"Not too bad yourself Cosentino" I smiled and he started to lean in. No. What? Hadn't the date JUST started? Wait do I even know how to kiss? I've never even had a boyfriend, just play it cool Elena. Without making it obvious enough for him to know what I was doing, I leaned back and looked out into the distance. "Hey it looks like the suns starting to set, should we get going?" I said quickly. Good job Elena. Kairi laughed and took my hand, he definitely realised what I was doing because before opening the car door he looked at me and said "I'll definitely be getting that kiss soon El" sending my stomach into a fit of butterflies. Ugh. Boys.

MATTIA'S POV:

I was buttoning up my black shirt when I heard Alé walking towards my room.
"Dude it's only a pizza joint, why you dressing like it's prom night?" he laughed.
"I just wanna look good shut the fuck up" I replied, rolling my eyes at him.
"Damnn I got it why you so pressed?"
"I'm not I'm just hangry, let's go to the car" I lied, he shrugged and walked out towards my car. Truth was I was fucking nervous. I took a deep breath and adjusted my collar. What if Kairi hates me? I mean I liked her first, so I'm not exactly in the wrong. Fuck it. Lets go.

ELENA'S POV:

We had just ordered our food before I saw him. It was the Tik Tok boy from the bus. What was he doing here? I mean yeah it was a public place but of all the places? Kairi hadn't noticed him yet but I doubt he'd know him. He was with one of his friends, he was cute too, just wasn't as dressed up as the Tik Tok boy. A shirt to a pizza place? Lil over the top buddy.
"Hey I'm just gonna use the bathroom before our food gets here okay?" Kairi said, snapping me out of my never ending thoughts.
"I'll be here" I smiled at him, and he got up to leave.

The Tik Tok boy and his friend were sat at a table not too far from us but he kept looking over at him. As soon as Kairi had got up to leave he told his friend something and he nodded. All of a sudden he got up out of his seat and started walking towards me. My heart was beating out of my chest, and my palms became sweaty. I didn't know what to do or say, so I pretended I didn't notice and took out my phone.

"Hey" said a deep voice, that voice sent me. I looked up from my phone and yes, you all know who it was. "H-hi" I smiled awkwardly and looked around for Kairi-taking-his-sweet-time-Cosentino.
"Oh don't worry" he said, raising his hands "I'm Kairi's bro, we're hella close"
Ugh, of course they are.
"Oh that's cool" I replied, still not knowing why he'd chosen to come over here.
"So Elena, what do you like doing for fun?" How did he know my name? Oh wait bio, dumbass. But I couldn't remember his name to save my life, I'd been referring to him as Tik Tok boy for so long. He rested his chin in his palms and smiled at me like a lovesick puppy. What was going on? I was screaming internally for Kairi to come back.
"Uhh, anything I guess" I said quietly.
"Well you look beautiful tonight"
It felt like my heart had dropped to my stomach. What was it with boys I'd known for 2 minutes instantly complimenting me or trying to kiss me??? My cheeks turned a bright red and he smirked without taking his eyes off me"
"Thanks but-"
"Look Elena, I know you're out on a date with Kairi" he started "but I kinda have something to confess" his cheeks suddenly turned the brightest shade of red and he nervously laughed.

"I-"

"Mattia what the fuck?"