Chapter 46

ELENA'S POV:

Today was the science fair, and Mattia and I had been working on it for a long time. We made a replica of the solar system and we were hella proud of it, considering it took a whole month.

I woke up extra early to ask Mom what time she was coming to our school, cause we had to have everything ready by a certain time.

I put on my black, ripped jeans with Mattia's grey thrasher hoodie. I wanted to leave my hair out but I didn't have enough time to curl it, because of how long it is. Annoyed, I fixed it up into a quick messy bun, and did my mascara and brushed my eyebrows.

My phone buzzed as I was putting everything away.

Mattia❤️: Morning babe, I'll be at yours in 5

Me: see you soon ❤️

I picked up my bag and threw it over my shoulder, and walked over to Mom's room. I opened the door and she was sat at her vanity doing her hair.

"Morning Elena" she said cheerily. She was never this happy in the morning.

"Morning Ma, what time are you coming to the science fair?" I asked her. She stopped curling her hair and bit her lip.

"Elena, about that" she began "Mike decided he wants to move in today, so I have to help him with his stuff"

I wasn't surprised in the slightest. I knew Mom turning up to the fair was too good to be true.

"Out of all the days to choose, he chose today" I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"What's your point Elena?" she asked, looking at me through the mirror.

"Don't you think it's a little sketchy?" I said, annoyed with the fact she couldn't realise this herself.

"I mean it's like he purposely chose today, knowing that I need you at my school"

Mom sighed and set down her curlers, turning to me.

"Elena, Mike would never sabotage your school life purposely, you need to stop jumping to conclusions, and plus it's only a silly fair. I'm sure you'll have another one soon" she said.

"It means so much to me but thanks for your concern" I said, tears forming in my eyes, but I quickly blinked them away. I heard the doorbell and turned to leave.

"Elena wait" said Mom, and she stood up to follow me downstairs. I picked up my Vans to put on in the car, and opened the door.

"Morning beautiful" said Mattia. I pouted at him and planted a kiss on his lips, before marching to the car and sitting inside. He looked lost but he knew I'd explain everything later.

"Elena!" I heard my mom shouting as she made it to the front door. I put my window down a bit so I could hear what she was saying.

"She's mad because I can't come to the science fair"

Mattia sunk his hands into his pockets.

"Well she has been working on that for kind of a long time Mrs Hill, and she wanted you out of everyone to see it" he said.

She shook her head and looked at me, I looked forward immediately.

"Just go" she said to Mattia, gesturing towards the car. He turned quickly and got in the car.

"What the fuck was that all about" he was breathing heavily. I explained everything about Mike to him and the moving in, how much I hated everything, but I was only agreeing to it for my Mom.

"Maybe you just need to give him a chance, what if he's a good guy?" he asked, placing his hand on my thigh.

"I just don't get a good vibe from him Mattia, he seems like danger" I said, as a shiver went down my spine. The rest of the car ride was silent and I leaned back and closed my eyes. I couldn't ever see us as a real family. At this point, I don't want a real family, I'm fine with just my Ma.

The fair started at 2pm and I still had a weird bit of hope left in me that Mom would turn up. But an hour went by, and no one showed.

Mattia was stood behind me and was leaning against the wall. He placed his arms around my waist and hugged me from behind. I leaned into his chest and placed my hands on his. It was the cutest moment, but I couldn't get rid of the frown on my face.

"Forget it baby, you can stay over at mine tonight" he whispered, resting his head on mine.

"How about forever?" I sighed. He laughed, making me smile.

"I'm down for forever" he said, kissing the top of my head. Even though my life sucked at the moment, he just made everything better. He made me forget about my worries, and all my problems, and I was forever grateful for that.

I closed my eyes against Mattia's chest, and almost fell asleep, until he started yelling.

"Get the fuck outta here!" he shouted, making me jump. He tightened his grip on me, but I opened my eyes to see who it was. And I saw Alicia walking towards us, with Kairi by her side.