Chapter 37

ELENA'S POV:

Mattia and I had landed safely in New Jersey at 2 in the morning. We decided we'd go into school at around lunch to see the boys. Mattia's dad came to pick us up from the airport and my mom agreed to let me spend the night at Mattia's.

As soon as we got home Mattia's dad had ordered pizza for us, and his mom and brother were already asleep. We sat and ate but we were too exhausted for anything. Mattia took my hand and lead me to his bedroom, and I looked downstairs at my luggage.

"But Mattia my clothes are downstairs" I turned to go downstairs, but he spun me around and pulled me into his chest. I blushed and looked up at him.

"You really thought you would sleep at my house and not wear one of my hoodies?" he smirked.

"At this point I'd sleep my jeans I'm that tired" I said. He scooped me up in his arms and carried me to the bed. I sunk into the sheets and a smile spread across my face.

"What?" He said, looking at me from across the room.

"I'm home again" I grinned, which made Mattia even happier than I was. I stretched out across the bed, with a content feeling. He took out his Adidas hoodie and gave it to me.

"This is ours now" I said whilst putting it on. He got into bed next to me and pulled me close to him.

"As long as you stay mine, everything I own is yours" he whispered, kissing my head.

Luckily it was dark, so he couldn't see me blush, but I leaned forward and planted a kiss on his lips. He sleepily kissed me back and I snuggled into his chest.

"You know" he yawned "I think you're my favourite person in the whole wide world"

I blushed again and looked up at him. The streetlights from outside shone a warm orange light  on his face. His eyes were closed and and he had a smile on his face.

"You're sleep talking" I said softly. He hugged me tighter and I buried my face in his chest.

"Goodnight baby" he whispered

"Goodnight baby" I murmured, placing my head on his chest. I could hear his heart beating, and I was finally at peace.

MATTIA'S POV:

I woke up at around 9pm. Jetlag sucks. I looked down and Elena was fast asleep, lying against my chest. Her hair was messy yet perfect and I carefully moved it out of her face. I smiled and kissed her head, softly so I didn't wake her up. I carefully leaned over to get my phone from the dresser, keeping my other arm around Elena. There was a message from Kairi.

KAI- hope you got home safe

I smiled and replied to him, even though I knew he'd be in class already.

Me- we got home safe Brodie, thanks for checking up, see you soon

I'd see the boys soon enough at school soon enough. Everything was so good right now. I couldn't have wished for a better end to the Vegas trip. Sure it might've sucked while we were there, but the outcome was pretty amazing.

Elena started waking up at around 10pm. We got ready and she decided to wear my neon hoodie.         To say she looked good would be an understatement.

Once we got to school we met up with the boys, but Kairi wasn't there. Alejandro told us he had a family dinner to go to, so he had to leave early. We headed to McDonald's after school, and I held Elena's hand in mine. We were waiting in the queue and she turned to see where the boys were sat.

"Wait isn't that Kairi?" said Elena. I turned around and saw Kairi sat at a table eating food on his own. The boys were sat on this opposite side, I don't think they'd seen him yet.

"Do you wanna go over and say hi?" I asked Elena. She bit her lip nervously.

"Will you come with me?" She asked me. I smiled and looked in her perfectly hazel eyes.

"Sure mamas" I said, making her blush.

We started walked over to Kairi after ordering our food. Elena tugged on my shirt.

"What's up baby?" I asked, stopping for a second.

"I can't do it. I can't face him Mattia" she said quietly. I didn't tell her to explain or anything like that. If she was uncomfortable, I wasn't going to pressure her. I could always talk to Kairi later.

"That's okay baby, we don't have to" I said, holding her hands and trying to calm her. She took a breath and we went to get our food.

I turned around to look at Kairi, and he was quickly getting his shit and leaving. I looked at the boys and they hadn't noticed him either.

Why was he acting like this?