Chapter 18

ELENA'S POV:

This couldn't be happening. I was going to be sick. I felt the tears falling down my cheeks as Kairi pulled me close and quickly wiped them away.

"I'm not going to open that door, I swear I won't" he whispered. Just then, we heard a bang outside which made us both jump.

"Holy shit" he said. He kissed my head and started to stand up "I'll get rid of him El, don't panic okay?"
He walked over to the window and looked down at Hector.

"Aye take it easy I'm tryna sleep up here" he yelled.

"Damn, that's too bad I was looking forward to chillin' with you man" Hector replied. I could sense that he had that smirk on his face and felt shivers go down my spine.

"Yeah well you should go home it's late" said Kairi. As he was about to shut the window, Hector yelled something but neither of us figured out what it was. I stood up and joined Kairi at the window as he walked away.

"Thank you so much" I rested my head on his shoulder.

"No problem babygirl, but what bugged you so much about him?" he asked.

I sighed and closed my eyes, trying to block the memories from coming back "it's a long story".

He took my hand and lead me back to his bed.

"Well it's way too late, so I'm ordering food and you're sleeping over, cause there's no way I'm letting you walk back in the dark" he said. I raised my eyebrows and smiled at how much he cared for me.

"Okay I'll text my mom" I said reaching for my phone "and pizza sounds good".

His eyes widened when I said pizza and his tone changed to sarcastic "you actually know what you want to eat?"

I laughed at his poor ass joke and changed into one of his hoodies.

The food came soon enough and we sat on Kai's bed to eat it.

"So what's the deal with this Hector dude?" he asked.

I sighed and put my pizza down. I knew this question was going to come at some point.

"He was my first boyfriend" I looked down and avoided Kairi's gaze. He reached out and tilted my chin up so I was looking directly in his eyes.

"What'd he do to you El?" he whispered

My eyes filled with tears for the second time today.

"More like what'd he do to Jackson" I replied

He looked confused and I sighed.

"Hector was cheating on me. So I did what any other girlfriend would do and broke up with him. But Hector is manipulative as much as he is obsessive. And he wouldn't let me go, or let anyone else date me. But I started seeing a guy called Jackson Snow. We dated for a month till Hector found out. Then one morning I woke up and Jackson didn't answer my calls, my texts or anything" I paused to take a breath.

"He got him to break up with you?" asked Kairi, shaking his head.

"He killed him Kai" I said, allowing the tears to fall.

"What the fuck"

I nodded as Kairi tried to take it in.

"Bro why the fuck isn't he in jail?" he said.

I shrugged my shoulders "he threatened to kill my whole family if anyone found out"

"Oh my god" Kairi ran a nervous hand through his hair "so I'm his next target?"

I shook my head quickly "n-no I won't let him touch you, he doesn't even know we're dating"

"We don't know that" sighed Kairi.

His phone started to ring, the name flashed up as:

Hector