Chapter 16

MATTIA'S POV:

I messaged Elena telling her to come over in an hour. I was gonna do it. I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend. Everyone was out for the Boxing Day sales so I had the house to myself. I put on a shirt and smart pants and looked in the mirror at myself. Nah. I changed into sweats and turned on my Xbox. What if she says no? I mean we've been dating for less than two months. Was I going too fast? I sighed and started my game.

Elena arrived and we went straight to my room. I didn't exactly plan on when to ask her so I figured I'd wait for a while.

"Baby lets watch a movie" I said. I looked over at her. She was lying on my bed, texting someone on her phone.

"Babe?" still nothing "mamas?" nope. I picked up my football and threw it at her. She jumped and looked at me finally.

"Mattia oh my god I'm sorry" she put her phone down and came to sit with me. Her brown hair was pulled back into a ponytail and she was wearing my hoodie with sweats. How did she look so good? I cuddled her and she smelled of watermelons. Again, no complaints. She closed her eyes so I assumed we were taking a nap. I picked her up and tucked her in the covers and laid next to her.

I looked over at her and watched her chest rise up and fall again. She looked so peaceful, I could admire this girl all day long. But I can do that any day. Today I was making her my girlfriend. I slid out from under the covers and turned my led lights on and closed the curtains. I thought about whether I should tell the boys about my plan, but decided it'd be better as a surprise.

I gently kissed her forehead and looked at the time.

7:30

Okay, I'd give it half an hour and she'd probably be up by then. I don't know why but I was becoming nervous. My palms were starting to sweat so I took deep breaths to calm myself down. I'd never asked a girl to be my girlfriend before, I'd never even had a girlfriend before. What if I do it wrong? Shit. I can't do it. No wait I can. I closed my eyes and tried to clear my head.

There was a knock at my door. I opened it to see my Ma stood there with the bouquet of roses I'd ordered for Elena.

"Thanks mama" I whispered, taking the roses. She winked at me before walking back out.

Elena started to wake up and I looked at the clock and it was 8pm. I smiled and went over to kiss her head.

"Hey pretty woman" I said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Hey handsome man" she smiled and wrapped her arms round my neck. I picked her up and sat her down in my gaming chair.

"Mattiaaa I was good in bed though" she whined.

I smirked "I'm sure you are good in bed".

Her eyes went wide after she realised what she'd said and she threw a pair of socks at me.

"Not like that you weirdo" she started laughing too, but stopped when she saw something. I followed her gaze and saw she was looking at the roses.

"They're pretty huh?" I said. She thought we were both looking at the roses but I couldn't take my eyes off her.

She nodded slowly before looking back at me. "Mattia what's going on?" she said quietly.

I walked over to the bed and sat opposite her. I held her hands in mine and took a deep breath.

"Elena Hill. God even your name gives me butterflies. I've been dating you for just over a month. And in that month, I've laughed more, I've smiled more, I've loved more, I've even danced more" she gave me a little smile "and it's all because of you. You make me so much better. And I'll always love you Elena. I'll never give you a reason to say goodbye. So I guess what I'm saying is, would you be my girlfriend?"