Chapter 9

ELENA'S POV:

I woke up at around 7 and started getting ready for school. I noticed I had Kairi's hoodie from yesterday and decided to wear that with some sweats. Today was the last day of school so there was no effort.

"Shit" I said. I looked at my phone and noticed it was dead cause I forgot to charge it last night. I decided to grab a power bank and throw it in my bag, hopefully it'd turn back on before I got to school.
I decided to leave earlier than usual to skip the busy bus, even though I knew Kairi would be on it, I still wanted to be able to breathe. Besides I'd see him in biology soon enough.

I was walking through the halls towards my locker when I passed Jenna. We used to be close before, we told each other all our secrets. She used to be a sister to me, and told me I was the same to her. That was, until she found new friends. Better friends. Friends who were pretty, and not socially awkward. Then she blocked me off everything, and it was like we were strangers. I never confronted her because I hate confrontation more than anything. I decided to forgive her for my own peace of mind, even though she now hates me. I never understood why. She would give me dirty looks everytime she passed me, or purposely mock me infront of people to humiliate me. Guess that's what push up bras do to girls.

She rolled her eyes as she walked past me and adjusted her purse, whilst eyeing my hoodie. Pretty much everyone knew Kairi and I were a thing now, but they didn't make a huge deal out of it. I put my hood up, and tried to walk past her, but she leaned towards me and whispered "slut". I felt instant tears in my eyes and kept walking towards my locker. Kairi had come in too, and he looked pretty downcast. I was getting my books out my locker when he came up to me.
"Hey El, I think we should talk" he said.
I looked up at him and his expression changed when he saw the tear streaks down my face. Fucking foundation. He took my face in his hands and there was a half concerned half angry look on his face.

"Wait why are you crying El, please don't cry. Who the fuck made you cry"
I told him about Jenna and he suddenly turned around as if he was about to walk up to her. She was staring right at us when Kairi turned around and I grabbed his arm.
"Kai don't please, it's what she wants"
"But she made you cry El!"
"Lets just let karma run it's course babe" I replied. He sighed and pulled me into a hug. I looked up at him and he still looked bothered by something.
"What did you wanna talk about?" I asked.
"Oh that doesn't matter anymore" he said, kissing my forehead softly before breaking the hug.
"I'm gonna head to class" he said.
"Yeah same, see you at break? I said before reaching into my bag and pulling out my phone. He nodded and walked away.

I was walking it class and my phone finally turned on. 876 notifications from Instagram? The fuck? I opened it and when I saw the video my heart stopped. Just like that. That's what Kairi wanted to talk about. That's why Jenna was staring at us, and the hug probably pissed her off. I read some of the comments and most of them were calling me a slut for breaking Kairi's heart. Tears were falling down my cheeks as I read them. I didn't do anything though. He leaned into me. Yet I was getting attacked? I quickly sorted myself out and walked into class. I took my seat next to Vic. She was one of the nicest girls I'd ever met, and she was going out with Alejandro. They had the cutest relationship, and suit each other so well. We'd gotten closer since we became lab partners, and she was super smart so I was never failing tests. I looked over to Kairi and Mattia and neither of them were talking to each other, you could cut the tension with a knife. Mattia looked sad. You could see in his eyes how much he regretted this. Honestly same.

"Good morning students! As you all know, today is the last school day, so I have to give you all some holiday homework" said Mr Andrews. The class all groaned at the same time.
"Hey it's not all bad, I'll be assigning you partners!" he said, before flashing up who we were working with on the board.

Elena & Mattia.

I put my head in my hands and heard the door open. It was Kairi. He was leaving. I grabbed my bag and ran after him, I honestly couldn't care about the lesson anymore.
"Kai wait please" I grabbed his arm before he could leave school, but he shrugged it off and turned to me with bloodshot eyes. Had he been crying?

"What Elena? You got your dream guy now go work with him"
"What? No, you've got it all wrong, he leaned into me. I never kissed him I swear, I didn't want any of it" I said.
"That's hard to believe when the whole universe knows I've been played by now" he was yelling at this point.
I took a step back and whispered "but I didn't do anything Kairi. I never instigated anything, why are you painting me out to be the bad guy?" The tears started welling up in my eyes.
"No, don't cry, I'm sorry El, I didn't mean to shout. Please stop crying" he pulled me into a hug and calmed me down till I stopped crying.
"I think you might have tears all over your hoodie" I whispered.
"Shhh none of that matters" he tightened his grip around me and kissed my cheek. "I'm sorry I didn't believe you El. I know you didn't do anything I was just mad at him".
"I know but you guys are bestfriends" I looked up at him.
"Yeah but-"
"KAIRI. ELENA. EITHER GO HOME OR GET IN CLASS" yelled Mr Andrews.
Kairi looked at me and smirked before taking my hand and leading me out of school.

And just like that, we were back to normal.