Chapter 34

A/N: I really think you should play the song

ELENA'S POV:

I sighed as the nurse handed me my evening meal. A slice of bread, and tomato soup. My stomach churned when I saw it. I looked over at Mattia who had the same expression on his face. Disgust.

"I don't wanna eat this shit" he whined. I laughed, and picked up my phone.

"I'll call my Ma and ask her to bring us McDonald's" I suggested, making his eyes light up.

"And that's why I love-" he stopped dead in his sentence, and I froze mid text to my ma. He was definitely about to say I love you.

"You wanna finish that sentence?" I smirked, making him turn red.

"I-I love chicken nuggets" he said "that's why I love chicken nuggets".

I smiled at how red he was.

"Oh? So you love chicken nuggets, but not me?" I said sarcastically. Even though I knew we were both scared of saying the L word, I still had to tease him over it.

"Shut up Elenaa" he said, covering his red face.

I laughed again when he got shy "and who's gone bright red now, huh?"

He stood up slowly and stood above me.

"Hey pretty boy" I grinned at him. Without saying anything he leaned down and kissed me softly. I placed my hands on either side of his face and kissed him back. He bit down on my lip gently, causing me to turn bright red. He knew exactly what he was doing. He pulled away and raised an eyebrow at me.

"Talk all that shit about going red now" he smirked, making me blush all over again.

"Okay okay, but I did miss kissing you" I said quietly. He smiled proudly and sat down on my bed.

"I missed everything about you amor" he kissed my hand and looked around the room.

"I can't wait to get home" I said.

"Me too, this place is ugly" he replied.

My mom finally came through with food but the nurse stopped her.

"Ms Hill, I'm afraid I cant let you bring that for the patient" she said quickly.

"Are you crazy? My baby hasn't eaten properly cause of your shitty food choices for her, so step aside and do not tempt me" mom hissed at the nurse.

"Oh god" I face palmed when she made a scene.

Mattia was laughing though, "I love your mamma" he said, making me smile. I just prayed she'd love him too.

As embarrassing as mom was, her craziness still worked. The nurse nodded quickly and left. Mom looked at me with an innocent smile and came rushing into the room. She set the McDonald's on the table next to me and pulled me into a bear hug.

"My baby, you're finally awake" she said, covering my face in kisses.

"Ma chill" I laughed, hugging her back.

She let go of me and fixed me hair "I know, I know but we were so worried"

"We?" I asked her. My parents had been divorced since I was born, so I was kinda taken aback.

"I mean myself and Mattia's parents" she answered, and I took a sigh of relief. She looked over at Mattia and stood up to go greet him.

"So I heard you're the guy my baby fell in love with?" she said, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Y-yes ma'am" stammered Mattia. But my Mom smiled and pulled him into a hug aswell. Mattia hugged her back, grinning from ear to ear.

"I'm just playing honey" she laughed "your parents came by, but you were both unconscious, and they had to leave since your brother needed them at home"

"Well I'm sure we'll see them soon enough" he said, looking at my Mom with hope on his face. She smiled and looked at me.

"They said you guys are free to go tomorrow since you're both recovering well" she said.

"Thank God" me and Mattia both said in unison. We looked at each other and started laughing.

"Anyway lovebirds, I need to catch the next flight to NJ, so I'll see you when you're home amor" she said, kissing my head then Mattia's.

"Bye Ms Hill" said Mattia.

"Jheez Mattia you're making me feel old, please, call me Leanne" said my mom, with a warm smile.

"Bye Ma" I said, giving her a hug. We watched her walk out and Mattia turned his gaze onto me.

"What?" I blushed.

He smiled and cocked his head to one side "you're just beautiful, and I can't get enough of you"

"Uhh, you're high or something" I said quickly

"High on loveee" Mattia said loudly.

"Mattia shut the f-"

"Miss Hill?" interrupted the nurse. We both turned to look at the door.

"You have a visitor"