chapter 18 : forbidden

As I drive up this forbidden hill to this forbidden house I'm still sobbing and shaking. I have no idea if he's going to be okay.

As I'm in the driveway I wipe off as mush tears as I can but you can still tell that i was crying.

I knock on the door and the other side reveals kio.

He's in his casual black shorts with no shirt on. His hair a little messed up, I'm guessing he just woke up from a nap or something.

"Elena, what are you doing here?" He rubs his eyes.

"I-I don't have anywhere to go," my voice is cracky.

He looks at me, "are you crying?"

"Yeah I'm just," I can't even finish my sentence as I break down in sobs.

Kio grabs me and lifts my chin up, forcing me to look up at him. His eyes scan my face, he looks confused but sad at the same time.

"Come on lets get you inside," he leads me through the hall.

Once we're inside we sit on the couch. He brings me a blanket and covers my exposed shoulders.

"So um, what happened?" He seems relaxed like not phased at all. But then again why would he?

I shake my head, "I don't really...want to talk about it."

He nods, "yeah I get that...can I show you something?"

I smile and nod.

He takes me upstairs to the balcony i was the other time I was here.

"Well I mean I've already seen this," he chuckles softly.

"There's more to it," he smiles.

As we walk out more to the balcony, he points out to the sky.

"It's a constellation, you see, there's a story to it."

He looks so into it and honestly it's the hottest thing I've ever seen.

"There was king who slayed dragons, but the twist is, they weren't mean. They cared for those of their village. The queen of the dragons, meredithia, she noticed it as a problem and took the situation into her hands. She carried all the dragons with her and they defeated the king...once and for all.

Even though he isn't looking at me, I'm staring right into his eyes. They're such a beautiful greyish-blueish shade. They glisten with the moonlight in his eyes. The way he smiles when he tells his story, it's the most purest smile. Gosh elena stop it.

"That's what it means, once and for all. The big star is the queen and the stars surrounding it are the dragons," he finishes his story.

He looks over at me staring.

"What," he smiles shyly.

"Nothing...I just think it's a really beautiful story," I smile.

"Really? Well I got plenty more to tell,"he winks and I laugh.

After a few minutes of silence I feel a little better and maybe I should ease up to him.

I walk to a chair and sit down.

"I found my dad, passed out."

Kio turns to face me and leans back on the railing. His smile turned to a frown.

"I guessing he took too much drugs or..." I start to tear up. Kio walks to the chair next to me and sits down.

He puts his hand on my thigh, "I'm so sorry that you had to see that."

"Yeah um...I don't think he was planning on coming back, I found a uh...a letter," kios face turns to shock as I start to cry.

"You know, some people really suck when it comes to kids...my dad, he left my mom for some slut he found at a club."

I had no idea kio had issues.

"Well then I guess we both really are a mess aren't we," I laugh slightly but kio is just staring at me.

When I look back at him he nods and smiles.

He leans in and plants is lips on mine. I start getting closer to him as I grab his face and tug at his hair. He pulls at my arms and pulls away.

"I need you elena, I really need you." hes frowning but he looks sad and vulnerable. He grabs my hand and leads me to a bedroom, I'm guessing it's his.