Chapter 61 : "she said...goodbye"

*PLEASE READ! authors note: I'm so so so sorry for not updating! I have so much to explain but that will be later :) I recommend listening to sad music for these next chapters! It will help a lot as it really help connect to the emotion in these chapters :) I love you guys so much!*

When I get inside the house, no one is there. That's better in my luck.

I hurry to my dads room. I go to his medicine cabinet and find a bottle of morphine.

My hands are shaky and unsteady as I twist the cap to open it. I pour out a few pills and quickly swallow them.

I take a deep breath...what did I just do?

Kios POV

Once I asked nessa if she knew where elena was, I go to a small cafe.

Christmas hasn't felt complete all day, actually all week. After elena left me at the diner, I've been in bed, eating away my feelings.

All my friends have asked me to hangout but I don't want to, not with them. Are they even my friends? I know I shouldn't care but they humiliated elena. But I do care. Deep down inside, I know that it was my fault.

I open the door to hear a little ring. I see nessa and sig at a small table to hurry over there.

I swallow, "hey guys"

Nessa rolls her eyes at my sight, "Kio."

"Where's elena?"

"She doesn't want to see you kio, she made that pretty clear tonight," sig tells me.

"Omg," nessas eyes are wide at her phone.

"What? Is it elena?"

"Yeah...oh my-,"

"Damn it ness, what happened?"

"She said...goodbye and that she loves me"

No. She didn't.

I grab my keys and run to my car. I immediately drive the car out to the parking lot without buckling my seat belt but I could care less.

"Elena! Open the door elena!" I'm banging on her door while yelling.

With no answers, I bust the door open. I run to her room and see her on her bed. She's laying on her side.

I go to the side of the bed, "Elena, fuck"

She sits up, "Kio?"

Tears are streaming down her face.

I smile and bring her into my arms. I whisper in her ear as I feel her shaking, "I'm here baby, I'm here"

"Kio- i...i did something bad," her voice cracks.

I lift her chin up, forcing her to look me in the eye, "Elena what did you do? Why did you say bye?"

"I-I don't know"

I shake my head, "what do you mean you don't know"

She hugs me as I sit on the edge of her bed. Her tears fall on my neck, "why are you here?"

I bring my hands to the back of her neck and move my thumbs in circles on her jaw, "I need to tell you how I feel. I should've never let you leave me at the diner. I should've ran after you"

She smiles through her tears, "why did you leave me?"

I lean my forehead on hers, "I'm so sorry elena. You have no idea how miserable I am without you"

Her lips tremble, "I'm sorry kio"

I try to find the expression in her eyes but she looks lost, like she's not even there.

I lower my head to meet hers, "what? Sorry for what baby?" my voice comes out as a whisper.

She tries to shake her head but she collapses onto my chest.

I try to raise her head up but she doesn't budge, "elena?"

I shake her shoulders, "Elena wake up. Elena please," she still doesn't move.

I start to panic as my eyes water.

I lay her on the bed, she's on her back.

Her lips are parted slightly but her eyes are closed.

I shake her more, "Elena wake up! Elena!"

I walk around the room, gripping and tugging my hair hardly.

I grab my phone out of my pocket at dial 911.

"911, what's your emergency"

"It's my friends she uh, she did something but I don't what's wrong, I think she passed out and I don't know what to do"

"Stay calm, help is on your way"

Tears fall from eyes, "hurry please"