Chapter 64 : "it was too late"

Kios POV

It's about three in the morning and I'm still here. James got here at around one because he was having a panic attack at home. I have been dabating for hours if I should go in or if she even wants to see me.

Ondreaz comes to sit in the chair next to me.

"Have you talked to her yet?"

He shakes his head, "nah, I can't see her like that"

I swallow, "what do you mean, does she look like fucked up?"

He shakes his head faster this time, "no no, I mean just sad like she is"

After a few minutes I start to remember what happened in the bedroom. I remember seeing a small card next to small red box or bag.

"Did you see elena today?" I ask ondreaz.

He nods, "yeah I did actually"

He stares off like he's thinking of something.

"Did you think something like this would happen?"

"No, I didn't. She was sad you know, but that's because she was at her moms grave but she smiled," he smiles still staring off.

He regathers himself, "how'd you know?"

"A while ago, James told me that Anthony told him that you brought elena do that burger joint, that's a little fucked up man"

He chuckles, "yeah I guess but she liked the food there...she's a special girl," he sighs.

I sigh and nod slowly, "that she is"

Gabby, Anthony, nessa, sig, and josh enter the waiting room again.

Nessa crosses her arms in front of us, "we told her that I brought her here, it would've broke her to know that it was you"

Gabby sits in the other chair next to me and puts a hand on my arm, "and I don't think that in a bad way kio. It would just freak her out and confuse her."

I nod, "yeah, I know."

We've been sitting here for about thirty minutes. Some of us crying and some of us just sitting here in silence.

Her dad and marjorie are also here.

A short lady who I'm assuming is a nurse walks into the lobby at the area that we're sitting at. We've been waiting for the doctors to let us know how she is to determine whether we should stay here with her or if we should leave because she'll be okay.

We all stand up and look at her.

She clears her throat, "Elena is in critical condition depending on the time we treat her. Unfortunately at the time she got here, it was too late"

"Does that mean that she-she's going to die?" Nessa asks with tears coming from her eyes.

The nurse slowly shakes her head, "no, what I mean is that we will have to go a few steps more than the charcoal. She overdosed which means it will take lots of recovery time and we might have to transfer her"

I run my hand through my hair and when I look up I see James.

His eyes are red and he steps up to me, slightly hovering over me.

He looks angry and my jaw clenches as we stare at each other like that for a few seconds. I'm unsure whether he throw a punch.

he surprises me but putting an arm around me. I let out a sigh of relief and put an arm around him.

I mumble in his hair, "I'm so sorry man, I never meant for it to end like this"

He nods after he pulls away.

I should've told her I loved her. What that have made a difference?