Chapter 51 : "i thought you were dead!"

Tuesday, December 15th

I find myself standing by his door, still a little soaked from the hot tub. I question myself before knocking because this is such a terrible idea. What even brought me here? Was it me being the little desperate and sad girl I am? Was it just the feeling he gives me when he looks me up and down and that's all I need right now. His sweet talk...Ugh just stop. I don't even look good right now, my puffy eyes and tear stained face. I knock without thinking, fuck. No answer. I begin to walk away but the lock clicks and the door opens. He's shirtless, revealing his beautifully toned stomach and abs, only wearing grey sweatpants. Fuck, he's so hot.

I'm stuck, frozen.

His hair is going in different directions like he just woke up.

He rubs his eyes, "Elena?"

I try to open my mouth to speak but no words come out, just more tears and sobs...

Saturday, December 12

Ever since me and Anthony broke up I've been so quiet and sad and all I want to be is alone. But it's the weekend before Christmas break and everyone does fun things over the break. In middle school we went on trips with our family or visited the special spots in town. But it's highschool now and the first week of break the school hosts a ski trip but I am in no way motivated to go.

We're back at our house now. My dad goes over to marjories almost everyday or he's at his rehab center, he really is getting better. James still speaks to me but he just avoids me at most times. Gina left to live with her grandma for the next semester.

I'm sitting on my bed reading stories on my laptop. I have a huge sweatshirt on with no pants on and a messy bun. This is the worst I've ever been ever since my mom died.

A knock sounds at my door and it creeks open. It's james.

"Sierra is here, she wants to talk to you."

I shake my head and sigh, "I don't want to see anyone right now"

Despite my words, Sierra comes in the room. She sets my laptop aside and sits in between my legs.

"Are you seriously upset over this?"

I scoff, "yeah actually I am, sorry we're not all like you and James"

"Me and James are the way we are to avoid...this," she laughs and gestures at the mess I am.

James, who is still standing by the door chuckles and I smile observing my outfit.

"Girl you need to get over him and come have some fun! Stop being so sad" She shakes me.

"I'm perfectly fine the way I am, thank you," I roll my eyes at her.

"By the smell of pizza in here and the nest sitting on top of your head, i can say otherwise," we both laugh when i all I really want to do is cry.

"Sooo? Are you gonna come have some fun with me?" She smiles, trying to persuade me.

"Ugh, fine," I laugh.

"Yay!!" Sierra smiles and giggles.

"Alright are y'all done cause I really want to fuck Sierra right now," Anthony rolls his eyes.

Sierras eyes widen and she throws a pillow at him as I burst into laughter.

Sierra gives me a hug and then hops off my bed.

"Meet me at the grill at 3, love youuu," she tells me before she leaves. She grabs James' hand and giggles out of the room. I roll my eyes and put my airpods in so that I don't have to listen to whatever they're about to do.

3:00 at the grill

I'm wearing a grey sweatshirt and some blue jeans. I walk in to see a booth where Sierra and gabby are sitting.

When I get to the booth gabby smiles and gets up to hug me.

"I thought you were dead!" She laughs.

I laugh, "here I am"

She makes a pouty face, "are you okay? You know with Anthony and all..."

I nod and sniffle, "it hasn't been easy but I can make it through"

She smiles, "well sit down!"

I giggle and sit down in the booth next to her.

A waiter comes by our table, "hello, I'm dianna. I will helping you out today. Can we start off with some drinks?," she has a huge smile on her face.

Sierra speaks for us, "yes we will have three milkshakes please," the waiter nods and walks off.

We talk about how sad we are that Gina moved away and we talk about Christmas and what we want.

When our milkshakes get to the table, Sierra takes a sip of hers and then rest her arms on the table, "okay elena, we need to talk about the break."

I sigh, "I'm just going to stay home and maybe work at the job nessa got me"

Gabby's eyes go wide, "um no you're not."

I nod, "yes I am"

Sierra frowns, "no, we're all gonna go to the ski trip"

I shake my head rapidly, "nope, no way at all"

Sierra and gabby groan and suck their teeth.

"Yes you are, end of conversation," gabby says.

"Guys really? I already know Anthony is going to be there and if I take one glance at him I will lose it all"

Sierra rolls her eyes, "dude I already told you that you need to get over him."

"Yeah and this is sierras last since and our first," gabby adds.

I sigh, "but guysss"

At the same time they both say, "you're going!"

I smile and roll my eyes, "ugh okay okay"

Sierra and gabby clap their hands, "this is going to be so fun!"

I giggle but deep down I know this isn't going to be good.