Chapter 21 : wheres james?

In the hospital

Once I get in I go to the check in desk.

"Hello I'm here to check on Vincent Green...he was brought in here yesterday ," the words hurt coming out of my mouth.

"Are you family?" The lady looks at her screen the whole time and sounds bored just talking to me.

"Yes."

"Well for now visiting hours are closed but you can see a nurse."

A few minutes of sitting a nurse walks in. I stand up to greet her and we shake hands.

"Hello ms green, I'm dr.potelli."

I smile, "Elena."

"Well you can't see him right now but we can go to his room if you'd like," I smile and nod.

As she walks me down to his room she gives me some info.

"He's currently stable but we are keeping him on meds."

"So he'll be okay?"

"Yes but we will need him to stay a few more nights."

"Okay..."

We are at the window of his room and when I look at him I see millions of wires and tubes and I hear millions of beeps. He doesn't look awake but that doesn't mean he's asleep. All I needed to know is that he would be okay.

I see his head tilted back a little and his lips are parted. Tears form at the corners of my eyes.

"Excuse me," I tell her and she nods and enters my fathers room.

I walk back to the waiting room.

I find a chair and sit in it. I rest my arms on my thighs and hold my head. I start crying.

Last year my mom died and my dad has been a mess ever since. He has been drinking a lot but it wasn't until recently where it got really bad. He's been drinking and taking a lot of pills day and night. We don't bother him because we know that it won't end well. Not that he'll hurt us or anything, he just won't listen. My mom helped us out with everything. She was always there for us and she did everything around the house. Sure my dad was energetic and happy but he was still pretty lazy. James is the one who watches over me now and takes care of me while my dad is cooped up in his room all day.

James sends me a text letting me know he will pick me up.

...

1 hour later

I'm sitting in my chair when I see Ondreaz. What?

It can't be a coincidence that's he in the same lobby as I am and the same hospital and he's also walking straight towards me.

Where's James?