Chapter 55 : "peaceful"

I find myself standing by his door, still a little soaked from the hot tub.

I question myself before knocking because this is such a terrible idea.

What even brought me here? Was it me being the little desperate and sad girl I am? Was it just the feeling he gives me when he looks me up and down and that's all I need right now.

His sweet talk...Ugh just stop.

I don't even look good right now, my puffy eyes and tear stained face.

I knock without thinking, fuck. No answer.

I begin to walk away but the lock clicks and the door opens. He's shirtless, revealing his beautifully toned stomach and abs, only wearing grey sweatpants. Fuck, he's so hot.

I'm stuck, frozen.

His hair is going directions like he just woke up.

He rubs his eyes, "Elena?"

I try to open my mouth to speak but no words come out, just more tears and sobs.

"Are you okay?" He asks coming closer.

I take a step back, "I don't know what to think right now, i-i just felt like I ne-needed y-you"

"Hey hey," he lifts my chin up, forcing me to look up at him.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know, i was at the hot tub with you know and they just started-they just," I break into more cries.

He pulls me into his arms.

What the hell is happening right now? I probably look pathetic.

I look up at him, "I can't go to my room and i didn't really have anywhere else to go," I wipe my tears.

He nods and clears his throat, "yeah yeah, that's okay. Um do you want to come inside?"

This is such a weird version to see of him. He always acts grounded like he knows what to say but he's acting...shy?

I nod and sniffle.

When I get inside he goes to a lamp that's on the floor and sets it on the small table near his bed. I scan the room and there's shirts all over the place, a few broken plates.

He stands, towering over me with a such a deep gaze.

"Kio...what happened?" My voice comes out like a whisper and shaky.

"It was my mom, she uh" he balls up his fists and sits on the edge of the bed.

I follow him and sit next to him. His hand is in his hair, blocking me from seeing his face.

I put my hand on his arm, "Kio, it's okay. You can talk to me."

He puts his hand down, "she called me to tell me that she and my dad are getting a divorce"

My lips part, "oh my god, I'm so sorry."

"It's alright, it's not like it was unexpected"

"I know but still..," I say but he just shakes his head.

After a few moment of silence and me thinking about my mom, a tear falls from my face but kio catches it with his thumb.