Chapter 39 : "damn sexy ass"

The next day in algebra we're moving seats. We're allowed to pick where we want to sit. I don't have much friends in this class so I stay in my seat.

As I'm organizing my planner a girl walks over to me. She's wearing a black button up crop top with black jeans.

She approaches me shyly, "hey...mind if I sit here?" I nod and she sits in the desk next to me.

"I'm nessa," she tells me. Her name sounds familiar.

"Elena. Do I know you?"

"Actually you might" she laughs

I squint and tilt my head.

She laughs, "that's okay um I'm actually dating josh"

I nod and laugh, "yeah...yeah...that's right," she joins me in laughter

"He told me y'all met"

"Yeah we did. At a diner," I want to tell her how he was acting but based off the kind of people they are it's probably usual.

"Are you a freshman too?" I ask her

"Yeah I am. I know it's kind of weird...me...dating a senior," she laughs and I shake my head.

"I'm dating one too," I smile.

"Do you wanna come to the skating rink with us tonight?" By that I guess she means josh.

"I can't..." I laugh to myself, "I honestly don't know how yall have the money to go out every day"

"Duhh...a job?" She laughs.

"Like what?" I ask her

"Me and josh work at an ice cream place...that's how we met actually," she giggles and gets a small paper from her binder and starts to write something.

She hands it to me and I look at it, confused. She laughs, "it's the address, come by today and I'll get you interviewed!"

I nod, "okay" she smiles and class begins.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
After school

I go to the ice cream place that nessa told me to come to and the woman at the front tells me to wait at one of the booths. I get on my phone as I wait, scrolling through my Instagram.

AmberMelanie

AmberMelanie  heat comes in waves ;)

AmberMelanie heat comes in waves ;)

view all 376 comments

Dixieshxt  THATS MY BESTIE !

Umsamanthaa  so fuckin cute

Natalieem  imagine being pretty

Kiocyr  damn sexy ass
AmberMelanie  coming over tonight?
Kiocyr  ill be over in 10 ;)

I roll my eyes at kios comment. This is what he does. He acts as if he cares for you then goes and messes around with the same other girls. I see nessa and I put my phone to the side. She's walking with Josh and they have three milkshakes.

They sit in my booth in front of me.

"Hey elena, nice to see you again," Josh says and I give him a smile.

"So, when do I get interviewed?" I ask nessa and she laughs.

"You're not actually going to get interviewed silly, we can just give you the job," huh?

She hands me a milkshake, "welcome to the ice cream bar," she giggles, "my parents own the place"

Josh puts his arms on nessas shoulder and I cringe, suddenly feeling like a third wheel.

"So elena...how are things with you and kio?" Josh asks me

Even the mention of his name wants me to throw up. I really need to stay awa- no. no. no. I really need to stop saying that.

I will never be able to stay away from him, I can't stay away from him.

"Everything is okay, why?"

"Things got pretty heated the other night," I laugh and take a sip of my milkshake.

Nessa has me work at the cashier for the day. All I have to do is enter the things that the customer wants and then have them pay.

It's been about half an hour since I started working and there's been lots of customers, people must really like this place. Nessa said I only have to work for an hour today so I'll be leaving in thirty.

I'm leaning on the counter organizing some things on their computer when the bell at the door rings.

"Hello welcome to the ice cre-" it's amber and Sierra.
Amber looks stunning as always. She's wearing a black tube top with black sweatpants. Sierra has a white shirt tucked in her jeans with a small green cardigan.

"Blah blah blah...yes yes we know," in a mocking voice amber says, "welcome to the ice cream bar," she laughs and I roll my eyes.

They come to the counter and Sierra laughs, "omg hi elena!!" She scowls at amber, "sorry for her rude attitude," amber shrugs and giggles.

"so amber.." i say

"Mhm?"

"I though you were with kio"

She laughs, "oh you saw the comment?"

"Erm...yeah"

She laughs again, "oh that was nothing just the common...you know," she leans on the counter, "...booty call"

I fold my lips and nod, "okay..."

"Don't worry i wasn't getting fucked by him," I widen my eyes, "even though he wanted too..."

Would you just shut the fuck up