Chapter 36 : "only five"

"And I didn't even know things like that could happen!" I tell Sierra and James as we're driving to school.

Alright let me backtrack. Yesterday for some odd reason my bathtub was "too full" and it flooded the tubes that lead to the hall bathroom which made a leak. I guess it's kind of my fault because I wasn't watching the bath tub. After school we will be going to stay at Marjories house for a few weeks as they do some construction at our house and we can't stay there.

My dad is picking me up from school because James has some kind of interview for something after school. I'm really glad that my dad is doing better.

Me and dad pull up to Marjories house.

It's a nice white two story home. There's many windows but it looks really nice, kind of like a mini beach house.

We knock at the door and Marjorie comes, carrying her poodle.

"Hey guys!" She has a big smile on her face, revealing her dimples.

I smile and my dad speaks, "Hey Marj! Thanks again so much for letting us stay here, it truly means a lot," he feels so bad for being here but she just swats his shoulder.

"It's really no big deal, besides who would take care of you if you don't have a house?" She laughs and me and dad join.

She takes us inside and immediately all you can see is a bunch of wooded colors and white colors. It's very modern. There's staircase right when you come in and to the left there's a small living room with two couches and large tv screen. Going past the living room is a kitchen which I can't see very well but well enough to tell it's a kitchen.

"The rooms are upstairs, you can choose which one you want to use. My daughters are out for a few months with their dad which means empty house," she giggles. So, she's a single mom.

I head upstairs to a small hall with white walls and a few circle shaped mirrors. I walk down to the last room and peek my head in.

It's small but it looks comfy.

Pushed against the wall, in the center of the room, is a big white bed. In front of the bed, on the other side of the wall, is a huge mirror. On the other side of the room in front me, there's a big window with sheer curtains, the sunlight illuminates the room so much that I don't need to turn on a light to see clearly.

Next to the mirror, there's a small closet. I slide open the doors and see a bunch of gowns and skirts, it must be her youngest daughters room.

I leave the closet and plop down on the bed. It's squishy and the sheets are soft. I go to the window and look out at the view. I can see cars driving by and a little bit of the city. When I look down to see her yard I see a ladder going up to my window.

That's weird.

As I sit on my bed on my phone, Marjorie comes in.

"Hey sweetie," she smiles.

I smile back at her giving her a small wave.

She sits next to me, "Just wanted to make sure that you're all settled in, I just want you and your dad to be comfortable here," she smiles.

"Yes I am, and thank you so much for letting us stay here," she gives me small pat on my lap saying you're welcome.

"So, how are things?" She asks me. It's kind of a weird question for a stranger to ask but I guess she's used to it since it's her job and all.

"Good...you know, normal teenager stuff," i giggle a little bit and she smiles.

"Any boys?" I laugh at the thought.