Chapter 35 : "bath and body works"

As I'm in my car heading home from that stupid diner, I get a text from James.

*hey I'm going to be out late tonight, so make a sandwich or something and make one for dad too please. I'm sorry about tonight, I love you*

I smile at his caring words and put my phone down.

When I unlock the door I hear laughing and loud noises coming from the kitchen.

I walking curiously to the kitchen and I see my dad with another girl and they're dancing around the island and singing and laughing.

I stand there watching them because they haven't noticed me yet. I smile at my dads bright smile and his booming laughter that spreads throughout the house.

He notices me and stops dancing, "oh, elena!"

The girl stops to and turns off the music and looks at me.

"This is elena!? Your farther has told me so much about you!" She runs over to me and hugs me. I hug her back and smile. She looks in her mid 30s like my dads age but a little bit younger. She's wearing a pink top with blue jeans and a ponytail to the side. She's stunning.

"Sorry hun," my dad says walking over to us, "This is Marjorie, she's my health watcher, you know the one at that service I've been seeing once a week." I nod and smile.

"Your dad asked if I could help make some dinner to surprise you so I came over and we just got caught up in dancing and singing!" She laughs throwing her head back.

"Alright I'm gonna go use the bathroom," she walks out of the kitchen singing.

My dad walks back to the stove and continues to stir what looks like noodles. I sit on the countertop.

"You know dad..." he looks up at me, "I'm glad that you're happy, it makes me happy," I smile.

"Yeah, it's all marj," he tells me, "she's a real gem, Marj" I smile as he smiles talking about her.

That night we all have dinner and I tell Marjorie all about school and sports. Dad tells me how helpful Marjorie has been with his whole recovery and sobering up. She really does seem like a good person.

After dinner I decide to go to my room and take a bath. I get undressed and put on a pink robe as I prepare the bath with a nice oil I got from Bath & Body works.

I wait for the oils to soak up in the water and sit on my bed. I haven't talked to Anthony all day so I decide to text him.

*hey babe*

*hey, what's up?*

*nothing I'm about to take a bath, just thought that I should text you since we haven't talked today*

*oh okay. Well I'm leaving soccer practice right now so do you wanna call after your bath?*

*yeah, of course! :)*

*alright, I'll call you in a bit. Love you!*

*love you more*

I hear a scream from outside my room and quickly run out. It's coming from the hall bath. When I get in there's water all over the floor. What the hell? Oh shit! My bath!

I run back to my room to find no water at all in my bathtub. Shit.