Chapter 44 : "On The Beautiful Blue Danube"

After the mall I went home and immediately started to do my hair. There's no point in doing makeup, I'll probably just do blush and lipgloss. I curl the ends of my hair and I clip two strands to the back to give it a waterfall effect.

As I'm sitting down in front of the mirror doing my blush James comes in.

"Hey James, are you getting ready for the ba-"

"Is it true?" He has no expression his face.

"What?"

"Is it true you're fucking kio?"

I stand to my feet and walk over to him, "what?! Where did you hear that?"

"That's not an answer elena."

"James look-"

"No elena, shut the fuck up. Why?"

"I'm sorry James and no I didn't fuck him!"

"Yes you did and you know it! I told you to stay away from him. Not only did you not listen to me but you betrayed my best friend!"

"James..."

"I'll see you at the ball"

tears are streaming down my face as zip up my dress. Its a blue sparkly dress with gold diamonds on my chest area. It has ruffles with white on the bottom. There's a knock at my door. I wipe off my tears. I go to answer it.

It's kio.

"Hey there cutie," he smiles

I roll my eyes. He cups my chin a lifts it up, forcing me to look up at him.

"You okay?" He frowns.

I shake my head out of his grip and sniffle, "let's just go please."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
At the ball

Once we get to the ball, I put on a gold cyrstal mask with gold rhinestones and a black ribbon around it. Kio puts its black rhinestoned mask on.

We arrive to a giant building. It has lots of lights outside and I can see all the guests slowly arriving. There's men in suits outside shaking hands and directing cars.

Once we have to walk in we have to walk in properly and formerly. I link my arm with his and we walk up to the front. A gentleman greets us, "hello, may I see your invitation?"

I show him the card and he stamps both of us. We head inside and I look for Cindy. It's just a huge hallway when you walk in but there's people around, with other doors open and people are going in and out. There's murals painted at the top of the ceiling, the room slightly dim. It's gorgeous. As I see Cindy across the hall getting champagne from a tray I hear my voice.

"Omg elena!" Me and kio turn to see scarlett, arms linked with ondreaz. You've got to be kidding.

Scarlett is wearing a stunning big black gown with a shiny white mask.

"Oh um...hey scarlett," I smile as they approach us.

Ondreaz smiles, "hey elena," I give him a small smile.

"Who's this?" Kio asks, handing out his hand to scarlett.

She shakes it, "scarlett. Scarlett Lozan," she smiles at him as he kisses her hand.

"Hey elena, is everything okay with james?" Ondreaz asks

"Yeah why?"

"He called me, yelling his ass off, just about like two hours ago," I bite my lip in hesitation.