Chapter 59 : "merry christmas"

It's been over a week since the whole diner incident.

I've spent the days sinking in my sheets, thing over every moment I spent with him. Our pictures together. His texts. How could I have been so stupid?

All the warnings of what a bad person he was. All the rude things he's said to me and my friends.

I mean for gods sake, he released a sex tape of my best friend.

Speaking of friends, I have none left. All of Kios friends are backstabbers. They weren't even my friends. Sierra? I thought she was loyal but she was probably just tired of my naive little self. Everyone was. I am too. Gabby? She got something I had once. Was it fair to him? I don't know who's choice i should be hurt by most.

James broke it off with Sierra. Apparently he knew too and I haven't talked to him since then. Everytime we see each other we just gave awakward stares. He's tried to talk to me. But I shut the door in his face. He let me get like this.

"What? You think I meant to fall for my best friends little sister?"

Did he mean that? Did he fall for me? Why did he even do that to me. If i didn't go running my mouth like always, none of this would've happened. But there was something about him. I couldn't resist him.

Well...it's Christmas. The day of happiness. But I don't feel happy. Not like this.

I pull myself out of my sheets as I've been doing. Trying to force myself i was going to be okay.

I put on a small red sweater and black leggings.

I drive to my small local graveyard.

There's a few other people but not around me.

I brought flowers. I walk to my moms grave and sit down. I set the flowers and run my hand over her name.

I talk to her silently, "I wish you were here mom. You'd tell me what to do"

"Dad is doing well. I think he's moved on. I know you're watching over us so you probably know. I miss you two together but I'm glad he's happy. It makes me happy. You're probably upset with me. I was stupid. I fell for someone who wasn't worth it. I'm sorry I let you down," a tear falls from my eye.

"Hey," I look up to see ondreaz.

"Um, hey" I say softly.

"Want some company?"

I shrug, "wouldn't mind it"

He smiles and sits down next to me.

I sniffles and wipe the tear from my face, "uh, what-What are you doing here?"

"Christmas was my sisters favorite Holliday"

My mouth parts slightly, "I'm...im so sorry"

He nods his head slightly and let's out a sigh.

"She must've been pretty," he says.

"Huh?"

"You're mom...to have birthed such a beautiful lady"

I chuckle softly, "yeah...yeah, she was beautiful"

Why is he talking to me?

After a few seconds of silence, he scoots closer to me.

"I need to admit something"

I look at him and nod.

"It was me. After Morgan suggested we do it I told kio that we should've."

I look down from him.

"And I'm so sorry. I should've never even tried to have acted on it or suggest it"

He brings my head up to his. He gazes at me and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear, "you're so beautiful and pure, and I hated seeing you hurt that night. I did that, and for that I'm sorry"

I swallow.

He brings out a small red box, "I-I brought you a present"

He hands it to me.

I look at him and then back to the box. I open it.

It's a $50 gift card to Philz Burger Joint. I look at him and smile.

"I got you this because I think you really liked the food and it reminded me of a fun time we spent together."

I laugh a little bit, "yeah I remember"

"You're such a...such a special girl," a tear falls from eye, "you didn't deserve to go through that. I'm so-" I cut him off by wrapping my arms around him. I hug him tight and I hear him laugh quietly.

When I pull away he's smiling, "What was that for?"

"You're the only one who has spoken to me today and I don't know, you seem genuine," I smile shyly.

He smiles, "merry Christmas."

•••

Scarlett, ethan, shelia, and Marjorie come over for Christmas today.

When I get in the door, the lights on the Christmas tree are colorful and bright, there's a few presents underneath and around the tree.

"elena!" marjorie comes over to me and hugs me.

"hey," i respond to her with a smile

"darling, why don't you go get the presents from your room," my dad tells me.

I nod and go to my room.

When I go to my room, I go to the closet where I stored the presents.

I get out a toy truck collection, which we bought for our smaller cousin. I bought pj's for scarlett and new video games with a new controller for ethan.

There's a knock at my door. When I turn, I see james.

"What do you want James?"

"Merry Christmas"

I nod at him.

"So you went to go see mom?"

"We can't really see her..." I say standing up. I pat any dust off of my leggings.

"We would've if you didn't..." he noticed my face as my eyes start to tear up.

He walks over to me, "shit, I'm sorry elena"

"Just get out please"

"Elena i didn't meant that"

"James just get out! You've already ruined my life enough!"

"You can't put the blame on me elena"

"Yes I can!"

I gesture to my face and my tears, "you see this! You see what shit I look like?"

I slam my finger to his chest, "you could've prevented it or at least stopped it a long time ago!"

"I didn't think it could get this bad elena, trust me!"

I push his chest with both of my hands, "bullshit!"

"What the fuck is happening in here?" Scarlett comes storming in.

"Nothing."