Chapter 42 : "your date?"

Of course. Cindys masquerade ball. She started it my 7th grade year. I went with Matt Pladell in the 7th grade. In 8th grade I went with Anthony. He's at his soccer tournament out of town so I know he can't come.

I call Cindy.

e- Hey Cindy
c- Hey darling! Did you get the invitation? I sent it two days ago but your dad told me your at what's her name? Oh yeah right, Marjories house
e- Yeah we are. Umm...I can't come.
c- Why not?
e- Because I don't have a date.
c- What about your boyfriend?
e- He can't come
c- Okay so...what's that boys name?
e- Huh?
c- Kio! What about him?
e- No! Now way! No way at all
c- Whyyyyy? I want you to come
e- Well I ca-
c- Yes you can! And you're bringing kio or I will drag you by the ear to his house and make you come!
e- Ugh! Fine...fine
c- Yay! I'll see you tomorrow! Mwah!
e- Bye cind

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I'm lounging on the couch watching love Simon. Marjorie is working and my dad and James are out for some "father, son bonding time".

I hear a knock at the door and I go see who it is. When I open it it's kio. He looks surprised to see me.

"Oh elena...hey"

"Hey, w-why are you here?"

"Is James here?" He ignores my question.

"No, he's with my dad"

He nods. I still haven't talked to him about being my date. But I should considering Cindy has been bothering me about it all day.

"Wanna come in?"

"Sure," he smirks, back to his normal attitude huh.

He comes in and we go to the kitchen. He sits at the stool at the island.

"Have you ate?" I ask him.

"Nope"

"Alright so I'm gonna order some pizza, want some?"

"Sure," he smiles.

"I'm gonna go finish my movie now," I exit the kitchen and he follows me.

I sit down on the couch and grab my blanket. He sits on the couch next to me, staring as I watch the movie.

"Can I help you?"

"No"

"Okay..."

After about 20 minutes the pizza comes and we sit at the island.

As I'm tearing off the crust I pop the question, "so kio..."

"Mhm?"

"Do you want to be my date?"

He smiles, "your date?"

"It's this masquerade ball, my aunt is throwing. She invited a bunch of people and they bring dates and you dress up and there's foo-"