Chapter 41 : "Youre Invited!"

I enter the kitchen and grab some silverware, Kio leaning on the counter.

"How can I help?"

"Get some napkins," I walk to the dining room where we're eating and set the silver ware down. On my way back to kitchen kio is blocking me.

I roll my eyes, "Kio move"

He stares at me, his gaze strong, "are you gonna help?" I say, starting to get annoyed.

"What's wrong?"

I sigh, "look kio...I really don't have time for this. Just let me go get the plates," I try pushing him out of my way but he won't budge.

"Bullshit. Why are you acting like this? Did I do something?" he meets his head to mine.

I push past him but he grips my wrist and pulls me towards him to where my back is to his chest.

He tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear and starts to suck lightly on my neck. I let out a small moan, my chest moving up and down fast.

"Kio..."

He smiles and comes to my ear, "you can get as mad at me as you want but I know that you will never be able to stay away from me."

He lets go of my wrist and leaves the room, leaving me breathless.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tuesday, November 23rd

After Kios and I incident in the kitchen, we ate and it was just a nice and casual dinner. That's all.

I'm going to the market with my aunt from my moms side to get stuff for the thanksgiving dinner. I put on some light jeans with a grey sweater and put my hair up in a high ponytail.

As I'm looking in the mirror I hear a honk from a car and run outside.

At the market

"Okay first things first, we're gonna need three to four turkeys," my aunt cyndi says as she pulls a cart out.

I laugh, "that much?"

"Yes of course," we head into the store.

My aunt cydni isnt that old. She's my moms sister, she's 24 years old.

we're heading to the turkeys with the shopping cart with cyndi and the list with me.

"So little one, how has school been?"

"It's been good..." she stops and looks at me smiling.

"No no no, look I'm not a grandma okay, now tell me the real  things," I laugh.

"Just boys..." I say and Cindy smiles.

"Spill!"

"Well I have my boyfriend who I love so much. But then there's him..."

"Who's him?"

I pick at my nails, "he's a senior..."

A huge smiles grows on her face, "oh boy, seniors. Now don't you get mixed up with them. They're not good news. They will play you like a game of basketball...so hard until they score the final shot."

I have a confused expression, "I don't even know what you're talking about. He's just...different?" She laughs at me.

"Oh elena. My little naive elena. He's just gonna play you like every other girl he probably has"

She's probably right.

Me and Cindy pick up four 15lb turkeys and place them in the basket.

"Has anything happened with him? Second guesssing your feelings for your boyfriend?" Cindy Asks

We go through the aisles picking up ingredients for our thanksgiving dinner, "well no, i cheated on him with kio but I regretted it and it will never happen again."

Cindy raises an eyebrow at me, "honey, cheaters never change"'

I swat her, "I'm not a cheater!"

She chuckles, "okay okay, just be careful"

I nod and we continue to get more ingredients.

.....

Cindy drops me off at marjories house. When I get in I decide I want a snack so I go to the kitchen. My dad is there.

"Oh hey sweetie," he's drying his hands on a towel.

"Hey dad"

"There was some mail for you," he gestures to the counter.

I nod and take it to my room.

I sit on my bed and rip open the envelope. It's a blue card with words on the cover, "you're invited!"

Thanksgiving Masquerade Ball
6pm-12am , November 24th
Bring a date & dress up !
Hope to see you there
xoxo 𝒞𝒾𝓃𝒹𝓎𝒟𝑒𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒶