Chapter 63 : "who brought me here?"

Elenas POV

"Hurry please..."

...the last words I heard as I tried to call out for help. After that, the only sounds I heard was soft cries and my desperate gasps for air.

And then...darkness swept my eyes.

...

The sounds of loud pressures of air and machines whirring fill my ears.

I roll my head over and blink to remove what feels like a sheet covering my eyes.

When I look around, I'm in a bed in what seems like a hospital. My dad and marjorie slouching on the chairs.

"Elena!" Marjorie leaps from her chair and comes to my bed. Same for my dad.

They're both smiling and hugging me but I sit there with a blank expression, trying to process what just happened.

It didn't work.

...

The first people I talked to were my dad and marjorie. It's been four hours since I've been here and now they're letting visitors in.

My dad holds my hand, "any requests?"

"Is um- is Anthony here"

He nods slowly, "you don't want to see James?"

I shake my head, "not yet"

My voice and my throat are still a little dry from all my crying.

He stands up. A few minutes later I see Anthony with a balloon and gabby by his side.

I lazily smile at their sight, "hey guys"

Gabby comes over to me and helps me sit up.

"How are you doing?" Anthony crouches so that he's by my face as gabby leaves the room.

I shrug, " I don't know honestly"

"Is it okay if...I ask you why?"

I look down at my hands that are currently plugged up so that they can help watch my blood pressure or something.

My lips tremble as tears fall from my eyes, "I just-"

Anthony puts his hand on my thigh, I can still feel the heat through the gown that I have on.

"It's okay elena"

We both look up as gabby enters the room with two cups.

She smiles, "I brought some juice"

I laugh lightly as she hands it to me, "thank you"

She nods and hands the other one to Anthony as he stands up.

We turn to the door after hearing a knock, it's nessa and sig.

Sig has a small smile but nessa is crying.

Gabby and Anthony sit on the two chairs as nessa comes running to me.

She hugs me so tight that it aches my back.

"Ah...my back, these stupid hospital beds suck"

She pulls away and chuckles, "shit, sorry"

More tears fall from her eyes as her voice breaks through sobs, "you scared me elena, don't do that to me"

My lips part and a tear falls from my eye. I would be crying so much right now but that's all I've been doing for the past four hours and my eyes have dried out.

"I'm so sorry ness"

She nods and squeezes my hand in hers.

Sig speaks up from the door, "Um Josh wants to speak to you?" She says as if she's asking for my permission.

"Yeah, that's fine"

Josh's head peeks in, "hey elena"

I smile at him.

Nessa goes to stand by sig as josh comes over to my bed.

"Hey, you okay?"

I sniffle and nod, "yeah"

he bites his lip, "I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry. And I know that it's going to take a lot more than that for you to forgive me, and you may never forgive me."

I sigh, "I mean you're right, but I don't want to talk about that right now. I'm sorry that I scared you all like this"

He takes my hand in his, "you have nothing to be sorry for elena, this was all us"

I shake my head, "no, don't say that. I hate putting blame on others for this."

It's true. I never want to put that type of guilt on someone. Although he's sort of right, I'm not going to say it to his face.

I sit up slightly and Josh helps me.

I rub my forehead as they all stare at me.

"Um..can i ask y'all a question?"

They nod and I hear a few mumbles.

"Who brought me here? My dad knew but for some reason he didnt want to tell me"

They dart eyes to eachother and then Anthony clears his throat, "it was nessa, after she got your text"

The memory feels so blank, like for some reason I can't remember who brought me here or what happened after I laid down.

"Are you sure? Why do I feel like-"

Sig cuts me off, "um do you think you're ready to see James?"

I take a huge breath, "sure."