Chapter 29 : "the game is starting"

I head to the bathroom but I feel a tug on my arm.

I turn to see Sierra.

"Elena! I've been looking for you everywhere!"

"What do you mean?" She's acting like nothing just happened.

She notices the look in my eyes, "Are you okay?," she whispers.

I nod, "I'm gonna go."

"Excuse me? No you're not!" She yells at me.

"I just don't want to be here anymore."

"Too bad, you don't have an option," she grabs my arm and takes me downstairs.

"The game is starting," she smiles.

"What game?"

"The annual Halloween game...well of course you'd not but we come to this house every year for it"

"You see Sierra, this why we should've just gone trick-or-treating."

She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms, "oh my gosh elena, you have the taste of 63 year old woman"

My jaw drops and we both start laughing.

"Well if we're gonna play a game I'm gonna need a change of clothes," I tell her

"Yeah of course I'm sure Melanie will lend you some"

"Who?"

She laughs, "Just come with me"

Sierra takes me to a room where we get clothes from a drawer. I get gray sweatpants and some white nike Air Force ones. I keep the shirt on because it's kind of comfortable and it actually looks cute with the sweatpants. We head back down stairs out the big doors to the backyard.

When we get out I see a huge yard. In the front there's tables with snacks and drinks and a ton of speakers. There's people standing in front these big chunks of what looks like green walls made of grass and such. Like a maze. There's spider webs on the grass walls along with Halloween projectors projecting moving images on them. I see the group and they're waving at us, calling us over.

We go to them.

When we get there Kio has his hands on dixies waist, kissing her neck.

I'm staring at them, then kio notices and he smirks and laughs a little bit. I roll my eyes at him and he gets off of Dixie coming over to me.

"Aww is someone getting jealous," excuse me?

I laugh, "yeah you wish"

"I don't have to wish"

"Just shut up please," he laughs at my words.

We all form this circle thing. Kio is on the right of me and Sierra is on the left.

I speak up, "so what is this game of yours?"

Mason chuckles, "basically we all have to find our way through the maze but it's a huge and difficult maze so we usually split up in groups."

"Isn't this like for kids?" I say and they laugh.

"You can say that but the prize is usually a few thousand bucks for each of us so..." Kio tells me.

I feel guilt for leaving ondreaz to think that I'm coming back to him but I know that Sierra will never let me leave so I give in.

"Okay so what are the groups?" I ask.

Kio quickly raises his hand, "I pick them," oh no.

"Group one- Anthony, Amber, mason"

"Group two- Sierra, James, gabby"