Chapter 40 : "friendsgiving"

Monday, November 22

We're still at marjories house as the construction says it will take two more weeks to get the job done. At this point in the construction we should be able to go home but my dad insists we stay at marjories, probably because he loves spending time with her.

I'm laying down in my bed when I get a text from a bride group chat with about 12 other people in it.

*sierra*
My house, tonight at 6...friendsgiving!!

Of course. Sierras annual Friendsgiving. I've never gone because I didn't know all of her friends but I guess since I'm a little closer to them now, I should go. But I'm debating whether I should or not because every year for thanksgiving our whole family gets together the whole week and just spend time with each other. This year is going to be the first thanksgiving without my mom which will be tough and for sure, emotional.

I decide I should go after talking to my dad about it. He's says it would be nice for me to start hanging out with more friends since I never do.

I shower at four and start getting ready at five. I wear a low chested white crop top with black ripped jeans. I put my air forces on and tie my hair up into a bun with some hair hanging out to give it a cute casual look. I don't wear any makeup because I want to stay fresh before our huge thanksgiving dinner.

I bring some snicker doodle cookies because I think it would be rude not to bring anything. I show up and ring the doorbell. Sierra answers it.

"Hey gurl!" She hugs me with a bright smiles on her face. She gasps, "are those my fav! Snicker doodles??!!"

I laugh as she jumps in excitement, "yes yes" she claps her hands together in excitement.

"Is that who I think it is? Elena green?" I hear a voice from behind me. Ugh, Kio Cyr.

I turn around to see him with his hand around dixies and ambers neck. Sierra knows I hate him and Dixie and amber! Why would she invite them?

"Oh hey Elena," amber waves at me with her bitch smile.

All three of them approach us near the door. Amber scans my look, "nice bun, looks like someone didn't get the memo of dressing up nicely"

I roll my eyes. I eye her short floral dress. It's cute, w lot cuter than any floral dress I've owned. But I have
to roast it.

"At least I don't look like my grandmas carpet," she rolls her eyes and laughs, "yeah but you wish you looked like me?" She fluffs her hair in my face and pushes me out of the way.

Once they get inside Sierra quickly turns to me and clenches her teeth together, "I'm sorry!" I roll my eyes but nod.

"Where's James?" She looks at her phone? "I thought he was coming."

"No, he wanted to keep an eye on our dad."

She nods, "that makes sense."

Once we get inside she leads me to the living room. Where I see Kio, Jason, and amber on one couch. Dixie, Morgan, mason are on another. Ondreaz is on a smaller couch and nessa and josh are together on the floor.

They all look as I walk in. I hear a few "what's up" and some "hey".

Two girls walk in taking selfies.

"Would you guys like stop for a second," Jason says from the couch, drinking a beer.

A blonde girl wearing a purple velvet dress that goes midway to her thighs, rolls her eyes, "shut the fuck up"

The other girl is glaring at me. She's a brunette with blue eyes and plump pink lips. She's wearing a red tube top with black leggings.

"Who's this?"

"I'm Elena," I smile, trying to make a good impression.

A smile grows on the blondes face as the other one eyes the people on the couch.

"Hmm..." the blonde says, scanning me, "I'm Addison"

"And I'm sig," the other girls says.

All four of us sit on the floor near the couches.

"So guys!" Morgan begins.

"This is the first Friendsgiving that our newcomer, Elena, has been too," I let out a small smile.

"Which means we have to introduce you to the tradition," sig says.

"Which is?" I ask.

Addison smiles, "spin the bottle"

I turn to looks at the others on the couch, "seriously?"

They all nod and smile.

We form a circle and put a beer bottle in the middle. Me, Kio, Dixie, amber, Addison, sig, Jason, ondreaz, josh, and Jason are in the circle.

"Alright, who's first?" Addison asks

"Amber," Jason says.

She nods and spins the bottle. It such an intense moment when the bottle spins. I've only played the game once. 5th grade where I had to kiss Johnny Downward on the lips. Your adrenaline rushes like it's a silent room, even when it's not your turn.

It stops on dixie. They do a full on french kiss. Which makes me feel awkward with two people making out in front of me so I turn and look away.

After a few more rounds. It's my turn.

I spin the bottle and once again the anxiety kicks in. My heart is racing and my head is throbbing. I watch the bottle spinning the whole time.

It's slows down as it comes to stop. It's stops and I slowly look up, scared to see who it is.

It's kio. Ugh.

He puckers our his lips making smooch noises.

"Are we gonna do this?"

I shake my head, "no I'm okay"

Ondreaz grabs the bottle and points it towards him.
"We can cheat the bottle"

I giggle and kio glares at me, what the hell is going on?

"Shut up dreaz, we all know she'd much rather kiss me" i slake my head and laugh.

"That's not true at all kio"

He leans in on his knees, "oh really? Hmm.." I tilt my head and squint at him, "I've kissed you in many more areas and you love it" my eyes widen and I'm frozen.

"Don't you think that's another reason dumbass? Because you take things fast" ondreaz steps in.

"Why because all you do is press her up on a table?"
How does he know about that?

I'm speechless as I watch them banter back and forth about...me.

"Both of you just stop" I say

Dixie laughs, "oh shut up elena we all know you're crazy for kio." Literally no one was talking to her.

Amber joins in, "ha! Tell me about it, you should've seen her at the ice cream bar," she starts talking in a little girl voice, "i thought you were with kio, like, stalker much?" She laughs some more. And I swallow uncomfortably.

"But you did cheat on your boyfriend with both of them so..." they all start laughing.

"And again, not surprised," Kio says with his cocky little smirk leaning back on his palm.

I scoff, "I'm...I'm gonna go set the table"

"I'll help!" Nessa chimes in.

"No no, I'll help." Kios says standing up. Ugh.