Chapter 9

After the whole ordeal with Karen and her chocolate cake, the couple had moved forward and planned Gohan's birthday. Everything had been going to plan, Gine helped prepare the food for the buffet, even made the cake;which she teased the men to keep their food fetish under control. Goku's parents were the first to arrive as they helped decorate the house, with Vegeta watching anxiously as they filled the balloons with helium. He promised Goku he would resist his protective parent mode just for one day, he chewed on his nails whilst his heart rate was increasing seeing all potential risks. Whilst Gine went to collect Gohan from school, Raditz walked in with his girlfriend Launch, Vegeta's father had not long walked in holding a bottle of rosé wine. Bardock looked over staring at such drink in horror, he walked up to Vegeta snr with a widened smile.

"Ah, I'll take that for you, you take a seat in the living room," Bardock smiled taking the drink off him and heading into the kitchen.

Vegeta sighed as he escorted the guests into the living room, whilst Goku walked into the kitchen catching his father emptying the rosé down the sink.

"dad?!"

"I detest that rosé garbage, what utter nonsense!" Bardock spat whilst starting to pour some blackcurrant juice into the now empty bottle.

"Dad, what-what are you doing?" Goku looked at his dad in disbelief.

"Don't question my madness, son! Now come help me."

Goku peeped his head out checking that everyone else were still preoccupied, before looking back at his father. "Okay, but least do it over the sink, Vegeta will kill me if you make a mess on the kitchen sides."

"Yeah, sure...just grab the bottle of vodka will you?"

Goku didn't want to question his fathers logic further, he grabbed bottle of vodka and was about to pass it to Bardock.

"Right, you fill the bottle up with the vodka, I'll keep the bottle still for you."

Whilst Goku helped his father out in the kitchen, Gine had returned with Gohan, she looked around the living room raising a brow at Bardock's disappearance. She could only hope he was staying out of mischief.

"Hey mom!" Raditz smiled widely at his mother with launch who was wearing a short skirt laying across his lap.

"Oh sweetie, you really shouldn't sit like that with that sort of skirt, we really don't need to see what you had for breakfast." She giggled at Launch who yelped and sat up straight trying to make herself more presentable.

Bardock joined everyone in the living room with his son, as they started to hand out their presents to Gohan the doorbell rang. Goku rushed to answer it seeing as  his husband was busy sat nervously watching what people had bought Gohan. He answered the door and before he could have the chance to properly welcome the guest in, they had walked right in alongside Vegeta's brother Tarble.

"Where's my grandson?" The woman raised a brow at Goku.

Tarble watched his mother's judgmental look on Goku, he nudged her in the arm. "Mother, that's Vegeta's husband,"

"Wait now, your father gone gay too?"

"Huh?...no, that's my brother in law." Tarble facepalmed whilst pointing towards Goku who did not look the least bit impressed by his mother in laws rudeness.

"Oh," she looked Goku up and down then shrugged, "not the usual type he'd go for, but then again you are the first man he's been with."

Goku forced a smile as he had them follow him into the living room, he could see why Vegeta never mentioned his mother, what a snobby bitch. As they walked in, Gine was busy consoling Vegeta who was stressing out as she had bought Gohan an art set that included scissors.