Chapter 25

Rubbing his heavy lidded eyes, he glanced to the side of him seeing Vegeta leaning over at the cot by the side of the bed. Ever since they agreed to babysit Goten every other day, the house had been made more child proof with things like baby gates installed even though he was only two weeks old.  Whenever they did look after the baby, Vegeta would hardly sleep, ensuring the cot was by his side of the bed. Changing the diapers was another challenge, if Gohan was at school the two would hesitantly take it in turns. Gohan had to teach them how to even change the baby which had left to two absolutely baffled by it all. So many new things they were learning. Especially whenever they were in process of changing Goten, they'd either get pissed on or would have to redo it as the diaper would get refilled again just as it had been changed.

With a light sigh, Goku prompted himself up on his elbows keeping his glance on Vegeta. "What are you doing?" he watched as Vegeta was leaned more over the cot, with his hand rested lightly on Goten's chest.

"Checking if he's still breathing," he furrowed his brows keeping a close eye on Goten. He smiled a little hearing a small sigh from the baby. He never realised just how quiet babies can be in their sleep, sometimes it looked as though they were just laid there still and not breathing which freaked him out. Slowly he pulled his hand back and leaned away from the cot, he turned to face Goku who was smiling widely at him. "What?"

"I just think it's cute seeing how over protective you are," he smiled whilst poking Vegeta's nose.

"I'm not over protective," he wrinkled his nose at his husband.

"Child locks," he quirked his brow at Vegeta a slight grin.

Vegeta rolled his eyes and folded his arms against his chest, he was not wanting to go through this discussion again. "Just because your parents were more chilled when you were growing up, does not mean you can question my parenting on how I keep our children safe." He glanced over at Goten who started to suck his thumb. He may of not made him, but he certainly played his part bringing the child into this world. As much as he hated his husbands ex, he was grateful that she was okay with him seeing  the baby as his son too. That'll be fun conversation starter at family gatherings. The child had practically three fathers help raise him alongside the mother.

"My parents weren't that chilled-" he paused whilst stroking his chin deep in thought. Then a memory of the time he and his brother had a road trip with their father and uncle, whilst their mother went out shopping. It was all going so well, till the uncle parked the car as he had ran over something. Few minutes later he was bent over a fence with a horny bull having its way with him. Goku could only remember small snippets of that day, but he remembered his dad leaning back on front passenger seat with a can of beer asking the kids to play eye spy ,whilst keeping their focus away from what was happening in front of them. He shuddered and shook his head a little at such memory, he noticed Vegeta keeping his glance on him. "Okay, maybe a little but you know Raditz and I turned out fine."

"Debatable with your brother,"  he arched his brow as Goku pressed his lips together, realising he couldn't argue with that statement.

After a long exhausting day looking after Goten who spent most his afternoon crying, Vegeta was actually glad to see Chichi. He happily handed her back the screaming child before closing the door behind them. Fuck are babies hard work, thank fuck they got rid of the rest of his husbands sperm at the bank, so no more of them will be popping out that woman's hell hole. He loved the newborn, just hated the hard work that came with the newborn, why wasn't there any instruction manuals with these things? So finally he sat down on the sofa in peace, of course that wasn't going to last long when his husband returned from work and started to pester him for sex.