Chapter 20

"What should we do with him?" One of the guards said. 

"Bring him to the lab." Baron Strucker responded. 

"Right away sir." The guard answered. 

The guards left the room in a hurry, and opened the cell door. Thor looked up at them weakly, silently pleading to them. They dragged him out, not caring about anything. When they got to the lab, Thor mumbled something.

"Good. I have many things planned for him." Strucker smiled. 

They placed Thor on a metal table, which made him groan quietly. The wound on his chest had started bleeding again, causing more pain. 

"Welcome to my laboratory." He announced to Thor. 

Thor responded with mumbling. 

"I have designed a serum that needs to be tested. You have be chosen for this." He continued. 

"Don't...yo...u.....ev....en.." Thor attempt to fight back, but it didn't work well. 

"What I have made could change the world. If it works, you will gain increased strength." 

"...no...."

"If it fails, the side effects could be fatal."

Strucker paced the room, telling Thor about his design. He had a small vial in his hand, which appeared to be red. Strucker attached the vial to a small needle. He walked back to where Thor had been placed hours earlier, still talking.

"You may feel a slight pain for a moment. After it is put in you, the serum will start mutating to fit with your cells, if it works successfully." Strucker spoke, not a hint of care in his voice. 

Strucker injected it into Thor's right arm, ignoring Thor's pleas for him to stop. After he did that, he carefully noted the effects. 

"What....di....d.....y....ou.....do...." Thor whispered with fear in his voice. 

"It seems to be working." Strucker grinned at his notes. 

Thor ignored the throbbing pain, and tried to break free of his restraints. He was successful, and fell to the ground. He was too weak to stand, and just laid on the ground. 

"In a few minutes, you will be able to lift a hundred times more than the strongest man on Earth."

"..I...am....going...to...ki..ll...you...for...that...." Thor groaned, ignoring the pain he currently felt. 

Thor managed to get up off the ground, despite the searing pain. He was still very weak, and had lost a large amount of weight. 

"You are the first experiment to survive." Strucker advised. 

"I..am...not...an...experiment...." Thor yelled. 

Thor slammed his fist on the metal table, making a large dent in it. He immediately looked down at his hands. 

"What did you do to me..." Thor glared at Strucker. 

"I made you a stronger version of yourself." Strucker didn't seem to care one bit. 

"...no..."

"Now that you have survived, I have many plans for you."

"I...am not....some puppet....of...yours!"

Thor glared at Strucker, and ran towards him. Before he could kill him, Thor felt something in his back. His vision started to go blurry, but he didn't care. The last thing Thor remembered was hitting the floor. 

"Put him back in the cell." Strucker nodded to the guards. 

The two guards dragged Thor's unconscious body back into the cell, and slammed the door shut. After a few hours, Thor woke up, confused and scared at the same time. He quietly cried Carol's name, but then realized she wasn't there. He used what energy he had left to cry. He had finally cracked after months of torture. The only thing he wanted was for everything to stop. 

"...I...can't....do...this...anymore..." Thor sobbed quietly. 

Thor had given up. What hope he had left was completely gone. All of his friends thought he was dead, along with his entire family. He knew that his captors were planning something really bad, but he didn't know exactly what. They had spent months trying to get any information out of him, but he refused to tell them. The pain got worse every time he refused, and Thor was trying so hard not to give in. He looked at the object he had managed to keep with him. 

He held the small silver wings in his hand. It was the only thing he had left. Thor put it back in his pocket when he heard footsteps right outside the door. He prayed that the door wouldn't open, and it didn't. The temperature dropped slightly, making him shiver. He heard yelling in the distance, but he ignored it.