Chapter 92

Carol ignored the fact that she was crying. She was sad that he wasn't responding, and desperately wanted him to. The pain over the last few months had gotten to the point where she was starting to give in.

"...please...Thor..." She cried quietly. 

She looked back at his with teary eyes, hoping he would wake up just to calm her down. Carol waited a few minutes, wanting something to happen. It was completely silent.

"I'm begging you..." Carol pleaded. 

It was heartbreaking for her every minute he didn't respond. The only thing she felt at the current moment was sadness. She wanted to give up, but that would make things worse for the both of them. She knew he could probably hear what she was saying, and that gave her a little hope. 

"I just want you to wake up. That is my only wish right now. Nothing could ever help me unless it was you. I can't imagine anything that could compare to this." Carol whispered with regret. 

She wiped the tears from her eyes, trying to relax. It was kind of working, but stress still held on in the back of her mind. She hadn't left the room in days, and was very sleep deprived. Her friends had tried to convince her that she needed sleep, but were yelled at in trying to do so.

"I would ask you if you want something to eat, but you seem miserable already." Steve said quietly. 

"I'm fine. I'm just sad." Carol responded. 

"That's not fine."

"I just want him to wake up."

"We all do Carol. Putting yourself through this isn't going to change anything. You need to sleep."

"That's not important right now."

"You're not thinking straight."

"I'm fine."

"Quit lying. It's not working very well."

"I'm not lying."

"You need sleep."

"I am perfectly fine. You're exaggerating."

Carol looked at Steve with red eyes, not wanting to move from her spot. He looked concerned for her, and just wanted to help.

"Please Carol. I don't want to lose a friend." Steve insisted. 

"No." Carol said. 

Steve knew she was going to say that so he wasn't surprised. He left the room, and came back with two cups. He handed one of them to Carol and sat down on the chair. 

"What is this?" Carol asked. 

"I thought you might like hot chocolate. It'll cheer you up." Steve smiled. 

"Thanks Cap."

"Just helping a friend."

He took a sip from his cup, keeping an eye on Carol. She hesitated to take a drink, but eventually did. It tasted good, with a hint of mint. She managed to smile a little bit, making Steve less concerned for her.

"The rest of the Avengers are wondering when you'll join us in the skies." Steve told her. 

"I already told you, I am not breaking my promise." Carol said without even thinking. 

"I know. We miss flying with you."

"You miss getting your butts handed to you?"

"We are decent pilots."

"I beat you guys every time. It's starting to get boring."

"Now you're just bragging."

"I can't help it. I will say that you guys are better than anyone else I've seen fly though."

She took another sip of her hot chocolate, still talking to Steve. He was less concerned now that she wasn't that sad anymore. He hated seeing his friend like this, but he knew how bad she missed Thor. It was worse for her than it was for him. The last few months had been bad for all of them. The only good news they had gotten was that Thor wasn't dead.

"Do you want anything else before I go?" Steve wondered. 

"Not at the moment." Carol answered. 

Steve left, and Carol finished her hot chocolate. She felt a little tired, but ignored it. That was not important to her. She didn't want to fall asleep and miss Thor waking up. Every passing minute got a little bit worse for her to stay awake. She eventually gave up trying to stay awake. She fell asleep right next to Thor, not caring anymore.