Chapter 99

"You would never understand!" Thor yelled. 

Thor looked at Carol with sad eyes, regretting his previous decisions. He didn't know why he had gotten himself into this mess, but couldn't avoid it. 

"I do understand!" Carol tried to calm him down. 

"No you don't. I made that choice!" Thor continued shouting. 

"You didn't have to!"

Carol stood there, mad about everything. She refused to believe anything she had heard. It was too painful for her. After all the years she had known him, it never occurred to her that he would choose to do that. 

"Just listen to me!" Thor pleaded. 

"I'm passed that point Thor!" Carol stormed. 

"Please!"

"I'm done. I can't do this anymore!"

Carol stormed out of the room, leaving Thor to think about what had just happened. His choices had ruined everything for him and he hated it. The one thing he feared had finally came true and he had no choice but to accept it. He really wished for all of this to end but it didn't. 

"I screwed this all up." Thor said with guilt. 

Thor opened his eyes, slightly confused. He wasn't in California anymore, but instead in Australia. He was relived that the dream wasn't real but in the back of his mind, he really hated the dream he'd recently had. It was still dark out, and Carol was still asleep. He got out of his bed, and headed towards the bathroom. He searched blindly for the light switch but ended up slamming his head into the wall.

"Shit...." Thor swore loudly. 

Thor eventually did find it after a long time searching. His head still hurt, but he ignored it. That was the last thing on his mind. He was too busy thinking about what he was going to do with his friends, but the dream still lingered in the back of his thoughts.

"Are you okay?" Carol asked. 

"Yeah. Why do you ask?" Thor answered. 

"I heard a really loud bang followed by someone swearing."

"That was me slamming my head into the wall while blindly searching for the light switch."

"What are we doing today?"

Thor sat on the edge of his bed, looking out at the ocean. The sunrise filled the sky, shining through the window. 

"Whatever you want." Thor smiled. 

"You're letting me choose?" Carol said. 

"Yup."

"I guess that means we are going to Sydney first, then Ayers Rock, and then to finish the day off, we are going to Kakadu."

"Sounds like a great plan."

"It's going to be good."

"We have to wake up the others."

"Steve and Bucky are already awake."

"I call Rhodey."

"That means I have to wake up Sam."

Carol left the room, excited for the day. Thor followed right behind her, still thinking about his dream. It really bothered him, but he didn't tell anyone about it. When he got to Sam's room, he pushed his thoughts to the back of his head, and focused on waking his friend up. 

"Wake the hell up Falcon." Thor instructed. 

Thor flicked the switch several times, but only received a mumbled response. 

"Don't make me dump water on you." Thor threatened. 

Sam didn't respond, and Thor went down to the kitchen, getting a nice cup of water and ice. He came back and didn't hesitate to dump it right on Sam. Within seconds, Sam sprang out of his bed, yelling at Thor.

"What the hell man?!" Sam yelled. 

"I improvised." Thor chuckled. 

"I hate you."

"That's the nicest thing you've said all day."

Thor laughed at Sam, ignoring his comments. It was really entertaining at his reaction. Thor headed right back down to the kitchen, telling everyone what he had done. 

"I bet he enjoyed it very much." Carol laughed. 

"Oh he did." Thor smiled. 

The group waited for Sam to join them, and got ready for the day. All of them were ready in no time. They all waited to leave the house and to the next location. 

"Where are we going to?" Rhodey wondered. 

"Carol has chosen Sydney. It's a great city." Thor replied. 

"Did you and your brother get lost there at one point?"

"No, that was Melbourne."

They eventually arrived there, and found a parking spot. The group got out of the car, wondering what to do next.

"Feel free to explore the city. Meet back here at noon." Thor informed them. 

They split up, heading their separate ways. Carol decided to stick with Thor and they explored the city together. She enjoyed every bit of it, including opera house. Time seemed to fly by extremely fast for them, and in no time it was noon.

"How'd you guys's adventure go?" Carol asked. 

"Steve found a store that is just dedicated to compasses. He bought one that looked like it was really old." Bucky answered. 

"It's a vintage one." Steve grinned. 

"What about you Sam?" Carol looked at him. 

"I just bought tiny koala." Sam replied. 

"That's all you got?" Thor said. 

"Yup. I call him Captain Australia." Sam stated. 

"Who's the better captain now? America, Marvel, or Australia?" Bucky beamed. 

"I still think I'm the better captain." Carol spoke happily. 

"Of course you do." Sam rolled his eyes. 

"What about me? America is great too." Steve commented.