Chapter 112

"Do you really love my daughter?" Joseph looked at Thor with suspicion. 

Thor stood there for a second, processing the strange question. He was still wondering why Joseph would ask such a question, but didn't think it was necessary to say that.

"Yes." Thor stated with confidence. 

"Are you sure though?" Joseph continued. 

"I am very sure."

At this point, Thor was starting to feel uneasy about the conversation. He put his hands in his pockets, trying to calm himself down in the situation. It wasn't working very well, but he managed to keep a straight face. 

"Why would you ask such a question?" Thor asked. 

"You're the one who ignored the Air Force right?" Joseph wondered. 

"What does this have to do with anything?"

"Just answer my question."

"Yes I am."

"So it is true then."

"Yes. She deserves so much more then a bunch of idiots working for the government does."

"Not in my opinion."

Thor immediately went from being extremely uneasy to irritated almost instantly. He hated the words that Joseph had just said, but continued to keep a straight face. In his mind though, Thor wanted to punch him so badly. 

"What makes you think that?" Thor argued. 

"The Air Force isn't for her. She would make a better housewife." Joseph insisted. 

"I disagree with that. This isn't the twentieth century anymore."

"And? Being a pilot just doesn't suit her."

"Yes it does. Without her, I wouldn't be alive today. She has saved my life countless times, and is a better pilot then the rest of us."

"That still won't change my mind."

"I guess we are done with this conversation then."

Thor finished getting food for him and Carol, ignoring her father as he did. When Thor returned to the table where Carol was sitting, he looked around, hoping he hadn't followed him.

"Sorry for taking so long." Thor apologized. 

"It's fine. I've just been over here, listening to your parents and my mom talk with each other." Carol looked at him. 

"That's great."

"It was starting to get boring."

"Now that I'm here, it won't be."

"You've got a point."

Thor smiled slightly, still keeping a sharp eye out for Joseph Danvers. He was still mad about the conversation with him, but kept it to himself. He didn't want to ruin the happy mood that was there. 

"You look like something's bothering you." Carol said with concern. 

"Just the amount of times people say congratulations." Thor responded. 

"That has been getting annoying."

"Hopefully we won't hear that again."

"Not likely. Someone's going to tell us that for the next month."

"Don't jinx it."

"I'm pretty sure I already did."

Thor rolled his eyes, and held out his hand. 

"Come on." He smiled at her. 

Carol took it, still smirking from his response. The two of them headed to the dance floor, where pretty much everyone else was. They started dancing, ignoring everyone else around them. 

"This is nice." Carol beamed. 

"So are you." Thor grinned. 

"After all these years, you still have the worst pickup lines ever."

"I don't need good pickup lines when I have you."

"Smooth."

Thor smirked slightly, twirled her, and not once breaking eye contact. They forgot about everything else as they danced. It was just the two of them, in an imaginary world they had created. 

"This is my new favorite day." Thor said. 

"Same with me." Carol agreed. 

"You wouldn't believe how long I've waited for this day to happen."

"All of this could've happened sooner. You really didn't notice that I liked you from the start?"

"Your sarcasm is on point. It's hard to tell if you're being serious or not."

"I did enjoy messing with you though."

"Of course you did."

Thor rolled his eyes and slightly chuckled. He was enjoying the moment with her. He had completely forgotten about everything else, which was relieving. The both of them continued dancing in their own world, not caring about anything else in the world.